I'm bullish but today I think it will trend down due to massive buying yesterday. I sold this morning and will buy back later. I don't think the NYT earnings announcement will help us as they are projected to lose money.
I'm out....and happy to take the profit. GCI is moving with the market and the stock should pull back before trending up again -- the money flow is over 100 way overbought. JMO good luck to all the longs. I'll buy back next week once more earnings are out.
You sound like a trading addict. You're going to miss the long-term gains here, by finding yourself out, when it suddenly makes a dramatic move, in the next few weeks/months.
I think you're being penny-wise and pound foolish. MAKE NO MISTAKE: the Street-beating profit, and statements of management in the conference call and press release represent a SEA CHANGE for this company, that the Street has ONLY begun to digest. Just keep repeating the mantra: $1.50 in EPS in 2009, and $2.50 in 2010....and you'll understand why selling this thing at 3x 2009 EPS and 2x 2010 EPS is INSANE.
I USED to have sell orders in at $4.95 or so (and that's after buying a lot more at $3.20-3.75)....but, after the earnings release, my lowest sell order is like at $6.95 now....and that's for a very small percentage (5%) of my total holdings.
This stock is going to EXPLODE, when the Street sees a turnaround in ad spending, over the next few-several months. I'm guessing $15-20 in a year, actually.
Looks like we will consolidate here for a bit. Chart looks like it wants to pull back as the RSI and money flow are closing in on 100. It really depends on the market and the shorts. If the S&P shoots past 950 the shorts will be forced to cover and may push the stock over $6. But with 85% of companies yet to report I think we will move with the market. But if you are a long term investor close your eyes for a year and come back to a $10 stock.
When I woke up and heard about the CIT fiasco I knew the market would pull back so I sold. I still believe that the long trend is up as we are undervalued. I also know NYT is scheduled to report next week...they are not doing well like GCI and will lost $.
I will wait for the $9 or $10 per share buyout bid in a few weeks to sell my shares!
Once the first salvo is fired, we could see a rush of potential activity and competing bids for GCI before the end of the year.
A final $12-$14 takeover price by October or November seems fair to me.
Yes, it's down 5 cents at this moment on very high volume of 1.64 million shares, less than one hour into trading. But given the overnight strength and this small pull-back it doesn't look so bad. Not as bad as I thought the profit taking would be following Wednesday's run-up. This looks like strength to me. I am holding for a limit price north of $5 but would never fault profit taking. Of course, at 4 p.m. we may be sub-$4 and I'll look like a chump. I don't think so, though.