I support AMD as much as anyone here. But, it should be no surprise AMD is going down. Anyone buying long at this point (hash), is taking a huge risk.
I'm sure I'll get flamed heavily for this, but here are AMD's many issues:
1) Until we hear differently from AMD, we have to assume they are using a 5 year old core design. Yes, they are adding changes here and there, but the design is old and nearly maxed out.
2) Intel stands to gain a lot more computing power than AMD going forward with their soon to be launched new CPU's.
3) Intel has been more open about their progress towards 65nm and 45nm than AMD.
4) AMD seems to be having trouble with 65nm.
5) Intel, without a doubt, will close the computing power gap with AMD by the end of year. The stock markets often look ahead 6 months and this is being reflected in AMD's price.
6) I've been in the technology business a long time and I'm getting a feeling that AMD employees are a little drunk and asleep at the wheel over their stock options. They had better wake up, or they will be hammered.
My money is off the table until AMD can show me some positive answers to the issues above.
All this is my humble opinion, do your own DD. yyk