% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Cornerstone Strategic Value Fun Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • cryptomeria12 cryptomeria12 Nov 20, 2010 2:57 PM Flag

    discount to rights offer price

    If Iunderstand their offering correctly, they are expecting shareholders to commit themselves to buying shares at an unknown price. You can't change your mind after Cornerstone receives your agreement to this offering. I think I'll pass on this and gamble on buying shares when they drop in price as they normally do.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • I think that I will wait until about Dec. 6 or 7 and see what the price looks then. I believe Dec. 8th is the last day that you can actually buy the stock at 90% of the closing price on Dec. 10. Should be able to get a pretty good handle on the price direction of the stock by then.

    • Waiting until after the rights offering may be the safest strategy to follow, since the discount price is unknown, which is usually the case with these offerings.

      But because these rights offering are very speculative and unpredictable, is the very reason they could also be the most profitable, depending on how one plays it.

      But if you’re looking for safety, just buy a cd instead.

21.73-0.03(-0.14%)Apr 21 4:00 PMEDT