Guys, we need someone to spearhead an explanation from ta's board amd mgmt team on what is going on. At the moment this a total goat rodeo. The is wayyyyy undervalued! Price should be $12.
Sentiment: Strong Buy
To own TA you need a long term perspective. Eventually, profits and cash flow do matter. HPT needs TA to continue to operate profitably so it can continue to pay rent to HPT. I expect TA to report a profitable qtr and continue so for future quarters. TA will continue to buy or build more travel centers that it will own. It will build up cash and eventually pay HPT the $150 million non interest bearing loan. When these things happen then TA price will soar. In the mean time have patience. You never know when RMR decides it wants to take TA private.
Being a 5-year long investor, which a very long period in this time and age, all have seen is decline----decline in book value, decline in prfitability and decline in free cash flow and hence decline in share price.The trend still tedning to be a decline.
Only things that seen increase are - rent for HPT, compensation for the insiders and management and these things are structured such that as TA makes more money it will go to HPT and insiders.
These are existing facts, everything else is just speculation, guessing, wishful thinking and forture telling.
Disclaimer: A faded up very long term investor looking for a decent exit.
I'm new to this board and new to posting on message boards in general. I currently hold a very significant position in TA and I am interested in joining up with you guys to push management reform.
This thread basically convinced me to make a yahoo account and reach out to you guys.
I do have an idea. If we were to contact the largest holders of TA shares (ex-HPT, ex-TA of course) and see if we cant discuss viable options.
No shareholder in their right mind could be pleased with the stock market pushing multi-year highs and their shares selling for 1/3 of book value.
So we call have a lot in common.
Dudes, I have worn out my welcome I think with TA's management. I tried that route and have so far gotten no . I'm open to suggestions and I am just as frustrated as everyone else but so far my efforts have yielded nothing substantive. Emails, calls, etc and nothing has changed.
The only consolation (and it is perverse thinking I admit) is knowing that TA's management owns a lot more shares than I do and they cant be happy either with the stock selling for 1/3 of book value. Their stock options are worthless and unless things change they will expire worthless too.