I think there is something more going with TA than what they have told those who have spoken with IR.
* TA is already reporting weeks later than they normally do.
* we are literally only a couple weeks away now from the end of Q1 2013 (just to bring into context how late TA is (without postponing the release)
* an $8BB sales company postponing their release based on a 3rd party vendor? I'm not buying it-it is too late into the quarter for that. It doesnt pass the smell test.
* with TA not having changed auditors, etc I seriously doubt the continued delay has anything to do with financials.
* if it were "bad" news, it would seem TA would go ahead and spit it out now, well ahead of the CC. As the old saying goes, bad news doesnt get better with age.
* what else could it be causing such an extensive delay? It is anyone's guess but I still suspect it is good news. It would seem worth waiting IF (big if here) TA could wait to release 2012 YE/4Q 2012 info to coincide with other big news?
good to hear from you ... if it is a "good news event" my money is on the Shell announcement ... of anything that I can think of, it is the only one that makes sense ... btw, are you still in Zynga?
Blue, they have been negotiating with Shell now since about May(?) 2012 so I would lean in that direction too.
No, I traded in and out of zynga and moved on to other stocks, but still very active on a daily basis.
For the record though, I don't think that TA is "already weeks later" than they normally report ... their last annual report was on 15 March 2012 ... so, they are not really late at all ... and, if you look when E&Y signs off on the report, it is usually the week of the release ... so, the "timing of an auditor concern" is very realistic (and most likely the cause but that's imho) ... I don't think it has to be "bad news" but simply a disagreement that must be resolved (or, as you mentioned, TA will find an new auditor) ... but, HPT and every other RMR managed company uses E&Y so that may be a bit awkward (for E&Y mostly) ... so, I would guess it gets resolved