They can be good. Look at CMGI today, up 30% to $13 after their recent RS. But honestly, with the HARS, ROP and ALS results we have coming, Insmed should have absolutely no need for a RS. These are largely unmet medical needs with far greater than 1 billion potential. The biogenerics are already scientifically proven to be identical to the originals, and brief trials should be all it takes to convince the FDA for appoval. IGFBP3 has scientists from all over the world in a tizzy for it's role in blocking cancer growth, while INSM-18 results could be equally as impressive. Similarly, a buyout would be less than adequate of a reward for shareholders like myself that are in it for the long haul, and believe a lifetime's worth of wealth will have been created in a few short years from now.
"...That is not bashing. That is my current investment thinking. Persuade me otherwise"
Why on earth would you want anyone to persuade you to do anything? It's our responsibility to come to our own decisions after carefully weighing all the information we discover. Good luck to you
A partner deal that includes up front cash a buyout are about the only real things for the next 6 months since there will be no trial results from hars or mmd till late next year OR the stock market takes off ( doubtful)
What are we going to hear about ROP? Enough to move the stock in a big way, I doubt it.
A HARS Phase II trial start? Didn't we just have a Phase II trial start, how well did that move the pps? Starting a Phase II trial is just about meaningless from a pps standpoint.
Now good results from a Phase II trial will move things, anything below that is not enough. Initiate a Phase III trial will move things. An opt-in after a Phase II trial is complete will move things. But I fail to see how any of that can be accomplished before this summer. There is the slight chance of an early opt-in but I would not hold your breath for that one.
Again, I didn't say ALS and partnership were the ONLY news we would get in the next 6 months, they are the only likely news items with enough significance to push the price high enough to get the delisting monkey off INSM's back.
I want to focus on no further out then the next 6 months. Ending at the extension deadline. So for the longs here is your question.
What issues will be likely players in that timeframe? What of those issues can realistically move the price over $1 and hold it over $1?
For the bashers
What are the potential pitfalls? Again assuming INSM has till this summer to meet listing requirements, what realistic obstacles are out there that might cause INSM to fail.
Approved by the stock holders. Anyone see an article at the last shareholder meeting? Anyone see any shareholder announcement? Where is this idea coming from? Do not just add to the basher blather. They will say anything. Think about it first.
I remember this time last year when INSM had great difficulty in getting shareholders to vote on the ESOP for workers. They could not get a quorum until the lawyers stated at the last minute that the measure passed.
If NASDQ makes a requirement that INSM do a reverse split, the announcement is as good as it actually happening. From there it is just a matter of procedure. NASDQ weighs in this month.
Those who argue that an extension is no big deal are ignoring that NASDQ may place restrictions on INSM even if they do not delist them. This can scare away institutional investors, like Fidelity. I share TECH's views on the current situation -- it ain't a disaster, but it is not as pretty as some want to believe.
My original question remains. How is the new PR firm going to attract institutional investors?
I am not attempting to bash or pump. Instead, I am hoping for well constructed responses to confirm or refute my investing thinking at the time.
Those who type in all caps are ignored. I asked a simple question. How is the new PR firm going to promote a $1 stock to institutions? My answer is a reverse split.
One poster came up with a list of institutions that already invest in INSM. None of them hold a stake that is beyond poket change for them. That is not going to keep the share price above a $1. INSM needs a large investor willing to make a commitment. I do not see it from INSM officers. The FOB partner remains more hope than substance at the moment.
I have made money from INSM and do not harbor any ill will. I bought a short term stake at $.67 and sold at $.97. I posted both actions on this board after I did them. I am looking to get back in with another short term trade. I am not convinced that December is that time. Otherwise, I have a long term stake that I will just let sit for a few years.
That is not bashing. That is my current investment thinking. Persuade me otherwise (all caps are disallowed).
No reverse splits. They would have to get shareholder approval to do that and it hasn't even come up in any meetings or discussions.
With institutional investors already low there is no reason to try and keep the share price up artificially - real PPS growth will come soon enough. Not really any chance of delisting - even if there were it is no big deal for INSM wouldn't even be a blip on the screen.
So, just ignore all the FUD bashers and their nonsense. Stay for the science and the ride to come. If it dips, just buy more.