Thu, Aug 28, 2014, 7:18 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 2 hrs 12 mins


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Enerplus Corporation Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • pchencali pchencali May 11, 2012 1:05 PM Flag


    Yes it is correct. If you use Turbo tax, in the dividend income section, you enter your div income from erf and don't forget also to enter the foreign tax paid.

    You will get your 15% tax paid to the Canadian Gov back as tax credit.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • pchencali says: "You will get your 15% tax paid to the Canadian Gov back as tax credit."

      That is not necessarily so. It applies only to smaller investors. If your total foreign credits exceed $300 (single filers) or $600 on a joint return, from all foreign sources, you need to file form 1116 which will determine how much of your credits you will receive. I have never received even close to 100% and I am not that big of an investor.



22.43+0.24(+1.08%)Aug 27 4:01 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.
TubeMogul, Inc.
NasdaqGSWed, Aug 27, 2014 4:00 PM EDT
Williams-Sonoma Inc.
NYSEWed, Aug 27, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
Burger King Worldwide, Inc.
NYSEWed, Aug 27, 2014 4:00 PM EDT