In re AKAM, check the post from clearview, right after yours. As far as I can tell, Apple is still a customer of AKAM, and a major one at that. I believe the entire iTunes platform uses AKAM services - and that's over 4 billion downloads, and counting. With the new iPhone on deck, those downloads should accelerate.
I think AKAM is a great buy; their earnings report this Wed pm promises to be quite good. Recent usage metrics show a marked increase in traffic, and AKAM is the toll-taker on the "information highway". That's why I got into the stock in the first place, and the story hasn't changed. It'll be a bumpy road - but it'll pay off in the long run, IMO.
And watch out for those "rumors"! Half the time they're purposely planted ...
emeraldstar, you are a very good writer, you should work for WSJ or Business week. I sold my AKAM several months ago because the rumor about apple stop using AKAM's service and such and I am thinking buy it back. What's your opinion about the apple deal?
Nice.... Could not have said it better myself. Like I said before I like the way the stock is behaving. Slow and steady wins the race. No hype just steady profits. I have put my money where my mouth is.
I am really hoping that this is the quarter that puts AKAM in full control. That this quarter can silence some of those idiot critics that don't know their butt from a hole in the ground....
The WEB is where it is at !!!!!!!!!
Fantastic! We can dish out the pain to Akamai together!
All you need to do is a few more things...
1) Hire Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Support team
2) Provision at least 10 POPs (5 U.S., 5 International)
3) Multiple transit / peering agreements
4) 10GigE minimum connects to all transit / peering providers
5) Force10 / Cisco / Foundry core switches & routers
6) A few SANs, ultra-fast with a few hundred TBs of space
7) Develop billing, management & monitoring software
8) Ensure everything is double-redundant
9) Design it all GOOD... Don't copy Akamai Patents!!!!
10) Ask how Akamai will cope with competition on message boards.
Let me know when you got all that done!
Been there, done that Frank! Couple of times. So have hundreds of other companies since 1996. Where are they now? BTW, you would need to design it "well," not "good." So, if you are designed "good" then you truly have no chance. I'd put in an application to Akamai right now Frank, before the wheels comne off, oh wait, you need and education to work at Akamai. My bad...