Sat, Sep 20, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Cardiome Pharma Corp. Message Board

  • going5hole2 going5hole2 Jun 18, 2011 9:54 AM Flag

    Cardiome Management?

    Why wouldn't management calm fears right now? The stock seems to keep dropping daily (new 52 week low yesterday), yet you don't hear one peep from Management. I'm long with alot of shares and it's very frustrating that CRME management remains silent. Even if it is bad news, I'd respect them more for letting investors know. Unless there is a buyout looming (which would be nice), it's inconceivable that management wouldn't address the concerns/fears. I own a marketing firm of about 25 people, and I would never treat my employees and clients like this. If I did, the company wouldn't be around for long. Even if the FDA is taking longer on the hold, at least tell your shareholders "We are working with the FDA on the hold right not, it's just taking longer than anticipated. Thanks for your continued patience and support". If anything you alienate the folks that have invested in the growth of your company by not say a single word. Just don't get it. Others thoughts?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • The culprit is the severly underfunded, understaffed FDA. Astellas is no stranger to clinical holds. It took nearly 11 months for FDA to lift the clinical hold on their anemia drug which had involved death during the trial (http://www.astellas.com/en/corporate/news/pdf/080402_eg.pdf). Unfortunately, CRME management has been unrealistically optimistic in their guidance. June is certainly not the magic month FDA issue to be resolved as many erroneously believed-it can drag much longer. Biotech investing requires patient money-margin investing, options etc. are pure gambles. IMO, FDA will eventually lift the hold. The only uncertainty is timing. I believe CRME management was extremely irresponsible to suggest we would hear about ownership decision before FDA issue is resolved. I would be shocked if the parties would treat FDA's lifting of the trial with 100% certainty while perfectly predict post-lift trial protocol with commercial implications and proceed with ownership proposals.
      Meantime, price action has been totally irrational and replete with "games" psycological and otherwise. Even if the FDA decision may take months longer this is still a great investment. Not many biotech investments that can potentially double (or more) within a year with better odds.

    • The delay baffles me as well
      Maybe its a buyout discussion....

 
CRME
8.00-0.01(-0.12%)Sep 19 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.