I fear you may be right.
Investors know that freshly authorized shares in the hands of these goons is about as safe as a loaded gun in the hands of a baby.
I was highly criticized when I argued that a deal done sooner on less advantageous terms is preferable to one done later on slightly better terms, because this would be the result.
This management is on the brink of driving this company into the ground to which there will be no recovery.
you were never critized by me thats for sure. you gave your honest sentiment in the face of many moronic pumpers! you have been spot on so far! thanks. GLTAL'S were gonna need it! if this goes belly up I will have write offs for many years to come! fingers are crossed!
I think the new shares are the least of Epicept's problems right now. Read on Avanza some coments that indicate IDIS is loaded with Ceplene but can't get any IL-2 to go with it (and without it Ceplene is worthless). Aparently Novartis is not prepared to make all the IL-2 needed to go with Ceplene... I think that is the reason for the PPS dive...
OK......good news, everybody has turned back to gloom and doom. Tell me that all of you just did not make an A$$ load of money. Convince me that you did not buy in at or around .60 cents or less and sold above .90 cents. :) I am just mad at myself that I sold and bought back in just a little soon, knowing it was headed back around .60. Glad you are all gloom and doom again, stock price is headed North again. :)
is that so? wher did you get your crystal ball from? the dollar store? now if these morons had one once of loyalty to the share holders here, if they had one shred of moral character they would commit hara-kiri a long time ago! but no they keep holding on sucking on the scared tit of EPCT! its high time they find a new tit to suck dry! IMHO!
Let me add another note on dilution in general:
We are already in a very real market correction and with it, credit will become even tighter over the next few months at least.
When that occurs, look for every biotech to raise cash while prices are still relatively high.
IOW - look for a rash of dilutions.
My advice: go through your holdings and reduce any company not sitting on at least 3 quarters cash. A year is better, but absolutely eliminate any with less than 2 qtrs cash.
What the hell, I've got some time to kill:
Expect the remainder of this week to be volatile at best, ugly as sin at worst as the rush for the exits continues ahead of next weeks' bank earnings.
Those earnings will dictate how deep/shallow the correction will be. Previous qtrs numbers were "massaged" and I'm not certain it will be as likely this go around.
Dump any holding that isn't cash rich and/or has a significant upcoming catalyst with high probability of success.
If those bank earnings are bad, biotech will sell off like mad across the board EVEN IF you have adjusted your portfolio to only cash rich holdings.
My plan, you ask?
If GS earnings disappoint next week, load up on IBB puts as a hedge. That way, you are protected on the overall downside (should it come) and you can hang on to those holdings so as not to lose out on any upcoming catalyst.
But in general, no cash, no catalyst = dump it.
you'll thank me someday, off to dinner!