However, I see this as a buying opportunity for SAN.
It's too bad Obama won't deal with our debt problem and cut even a nickel of spending without being forced to. I guess the Obama gov't shutdown was inevitable and the only solution to get this out of control gov't to stop spending. Maybe he will shut it down for close to a month like Jimmy Carter.
DETROIT BAILOUT??? I say this as he prepares another Obama bailout of Detroit. Where is that Occupy Wall St, they should be screaming about this bailout?
Some unreported items: Jimmy Carter shutdown the government more than any modern president 57 days, three weeks one time. Reagan shut it down six times and nobody noticed.
Government shutdown would actually be a good thing, the only shutdown is of the non-essential workers and superfluous stuff that is probably an unnecessary waste anyway. Most of this junk could be privatized and run far more efficiently anyway. I’m not sure the Senate has done anything in the past 5-10 years so at least this way they won’t get paid.
History of government shutdowns:
• September 30 to October 11, 1976 (10 days)
• September 30 to October 13, 1977 (12 days)
• October 31 to November 9, 1977 (8 days)
• November 30 to December 9, 1977 (8 days)
• September 30 to October 18, 1978 (18 days
• September 30 to October 12, 1979 (11 days)
• November 20 to November 23, 1981 (2 days)
• September 30 to October 2, 1982 (1 day)
• December 17 to December 21, 1982 (3 days)
• November 10 to November 14, 1983 (3 days)
• September 30 to October 3, 1984 (2 days)
• October 3 to October 5, 1984 (1 day)
• October 16 to October 18, 1986 (1 day)
• December 18 to December 20, 1987 (1 day)
• October 5 to October 9, 1990 (3 days)
• November 13 to November 19, 1995 (5 days)
• December 5, 1995 to January 6, 1996 (21 days)
"Most of this junk could be privatized and run far more efficiently anyway."
Excuse me if I laugh. First, when it comes time to actually cut costs, why is it that Republicans despite decades of campaigning on the pledge to cut spending, they never find major spending to cut, except for assistance to the needy? Answer: Because eliminating "government waste" is just a good campaign slogan, and they can't find any government waste to eliminate.
Second, look at the salaries for private contractors to the government, especially in the defense industry, and then come back to me. The economics aren't difficult to understand. When the feds contract out work to private companies, they pay the worker AT LEAST an equal wage to federal employees. And since private companies need to make a profit, they take a cut above and beyond the workers salary. Outsourcing to private companies has actually been adding an additional layers of red tape and expense.