4 items I've returned to Amazon or exchanged in last 3 months, hassle free! Even though sales tax is now collected in Texas, one of 10 states,still easier and cheaper to shop.
1. Wine rack - slight split in wood - IMMEDIATE full refund on debit card, UPS picked up next day at my door FREE.
2. MLB hat for my son - I ordered wrong size, they sent out correct and took other back in two days. AT MY DOOR. Small charge of $3 for return ship - my mistake and still cheaper than making trip to store.
3. Levi's Skinny Jeans for son - Color looked different in picture - Immediate refund on debit card, p/u at my door FREE. So easy.
4. 2 long sleeve MLB shirts that outside vendor sold - I ordered wrong size - They had label ready to go online for me to print. Immediate refund on CC with 30 days to ship back.Went to P.O and dropped off for $4, still easier than going back to mall and spending more time and fuel.
Back in the day, when I was a BBY customer, I had to make special trip to store, wait in line, have the box opened and inspected, asked reason for return, didn't have a ORIGINAL receipt STORE CREDIT ONLY , if purchase was over $500 on debit card, or paid cash, I would have to wait 10 biz days for a check...you get the idea.
We've also bought many electronics items at Amazon, from XBOX headphones to external hard drives. All with no issues, less hassle and CHEAPER than BBY store. You all will catch up some day BBY heads, others are. : )
Sentiment: Strong Sell
We all know HollyAnnaTexas is not telling the truth because:
She and her live-in boyfriend drink Lone Star and not wine;
She lives in Houston and is an Astros fan, and since they go to the ballgames and drink beer and eat hot dogs, she buys all her Astros gear at the games - and since the Astros suck, well she...; and
There is no way her 5 foot 5 inch, 250 lb McDonalds loving son can fit in skinny jeans.
So just give it a rest H.A.T.
LOL! LOL! LOL!
First, I'm a "she", not a "he". There are women on this board you know. So chauvinistic ; )
Now, to answer all your counterpoints simply:
1. My return ratio vs. yours depends on frequency of shopping. I have actually the same or less returns online then when I strictly shopped by stores exclusively. I was just Xmas!
2. I know sizes 99% of time, those were Xmas gifts and could not take kids to store. Plus, they hate to shop and busy. They often don't go with me. I saved 30% on prices of MLB items at Amazon and much easier to return.
3. Shipping worries? How do you think stores get their goods? Care Flight? By shipper! I don't open boxes at stores, such as wine rack, most people don't. I have had to return items in past after getting home and parts missing or defective. More hassle to return to stores.
4. The Levis jeans were only 1 of 6 I returned. No big deal. Saved $40 on that transaction and didn't have to leave my house to return.
5. You think Brick and Mortar CHEAPER than Amazon? Majority of time that is not the case.
Sorry guys, anything else? Answered you honestly here ; )
Sentiment: Strong Sell
Well I don't shop that often anymore at AMAZON, since for years I've done far better shopping at Bricks and Motor stores on price and quality.
As for Wine Racks.... I can get all kinds of things....not just wine racks.... Out of the box at a bricks and motor store. A place called Gibralter Trade Center for example would count as a bricks and motor store allowing one to inspect the very item you wish to buy before bringing it home.
Not everything you buy at a Bricks store comes in a box. And for a small fee you can always have the Bricks Store assemble the item out of the box for you before you take it home anyhow.
Didn't know that? That's what happens when you don't get out of the house too often.
As for buying Xmas gifts as an excuse for why you have to return things.... It is just an excuse.
The reality is I almost NEVER have to return products at the store and I too buy Xmas gifts for my brothers, 2 nieces, and so on.
Online shopping is a hassle....
You wait several days before a "RETURN" transaction is fully completed shopping on AMAZON.
I can get that done in less than 30 minutes...start to finish....with a bricks store like Best Buy.
BEST BUY will haul away your old Television set when you buy a new one...
BEST BUY will bend over backwards to provide you with great customer service.
AMAZON???? Try having a conversation with your Computer Monitor and let me know how that goes.
"4 items I've returned to Amazon or exchanged in last 3 months, hassle free! Even though sales tax is now collected in Texas, one of 10 states,still easier and cheaper to shop.
"1. Wine rack - slight split in wood - IMMEDIATE full refund on debit card, UPS picked up next day at my door FREE. "
So you "Hassle Free" had to wait 24 hours before you could return your wine rack.
And "Hassle Free" you never really had a chance to inspect the Wine Rack in the first place before purchasing it to help avoid these issues.
And "Hassle Free" you depended on a shipping company to transport the wine rack safely to your door step, instead of transporting it yourself....Thus increasing the risk you would have a damaged Wine Rack in the first place.
Sounds like TREMENDOUS hassle at Amazon vs. Best Buy.
"2. 2. MLB hat for my son - I ordered wrong size, they sent out correct and took other back in two days. AT MY DOOR. Small charge of $3 for return ship - my mistake and still cheaper than making trip to store."
Guess what? It is impossible to "accidentally order the wrong size hat" for your son at a bricks and motor store. Why? Cause you can physically have your son try it out before obligating yourself to make the purchase in the first place.
Oh but I am really really really enjoying your "Hassle Free" life with Amazon here.
"3. Levi's Skinny Jeans for son - Color looked different in picture - Immediate refund on debit card, p/u at my door FREE. So easy."
Again.... At a Bricks and Motor store you don't have to worry about "Oh....The Picture showed 1 thing, but the product was another...." type problems... Also, you can try out the Jeans to ensure that while you know your size....You may not know if you need an loose fitting version or not.
Hassle Free is never needing to return the Pair of JEANS back to AMAZON in the first place cause you went to a bricks and motor store and tried on the pair of jeans and ultimately went hope happy with the exact product you were looking to buy.
"4. 2 long sleeve MLB shirts that outside vendor sold - I ordered wrong size "
Again same thing. Bricks and Motor stores have DRESSING ROOMS!!!! Really they do!!! You should try one.... That way you won't be buying multiple MLB long sleeve shirts and then finding out 24 hours later that you have to 24 hours after that return them back...and 24 hours after that get another 2 pair of shirts....repeat rinse wash until you actually have 2 good shirts that fit.
I am not suggesting to NEVER shop at AMAZON or EBAY or any other ONLINE retailer...
But my God.... I see people getting products on Amazon at prices MORE EXPENSIVE than you could have gotten at a Bricks and Motor store. There is this mentality of LEMMING / SHEEP - ville that keeps going around and around where everyone just ASSUMES that because its Amazon it must be the best price.
It is EPIC in my opinion on how many things you had to return in just 3 months shopping at Amazon.
If I have to return 4 things back to a Bricks and Motor store....On Average it would take at least an entire year. Not every 3 months.....That means that if your last 3 months are typical of your experiences with shopping online, you have to return 16 items back to AMAZON per year assuming you make the same amount of purchases every quarter.
16 returns!!!! Versus no more than 4.