Fri, Feb 27, 2015, 6:49 PM EST - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Magellan Midstream Partners LP Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • c_h_a_r_t_n_y c_h_a_r_t_n_y Apr 2, 2006 7:57 AM Flag

    News

    Re to:joe
    "your either a moron or a fraud. No one could be that ridiculous!"

    That to billy. Calm down, certain insects are put here to annoy us.

    On the serious side:
    Growth, and this is MMP board.

    Compare MMP to EEP
    MMP growing at 16% per year in distributions.
    EEP growing and ZERO.

    Buy Friday and 3 months later odds are:

    EEP (8.5% Yield) = +2.125%
    MMP (6.7% Yield) =1.675% but advance to 1.74% due to gwowth. Add 4% to unit price due to growth. Total =5.74%.

    That is 2.125% to 5.74%. And that is just quarter #1.

    So one needs to think, does the market get it?
    Do people think growth is high risk, and non growth is little risk?

    And this: the market is emotion, not logic.

    Just food for thought today.

    -chart-

 
MMP
82.20-0.60(-0.72%)Feb 27 4:05 PMEST

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.