From a 2010 poll of 7,387 MSR Owners:
Target Shooting 86%
Hunting Varmint 37%
Hunting Small Game 23%
Competition Shooting 14%
Hunting Big Game 13%
Dems the FACTS, for any of you Libs that are interested in THOSE things.
MODERN SPORTING RIFLE FACTS
• AR-15-platform riles are among the most popular irearms being sold. They are today’s
modern sporting rile.
• The AR in “AR-15” rile stands for Armalite rile, after the company that developed it in
the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rile” or “automatic rile.”
• AR-15-style riles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault riles.” An assault rile is fully
automatic—a machine gun. Automatic irearms have been severely restricted from civilian
ownership since 1934.
• If someone calls an AR-15-style rile an “assault weapon,” he or she either supports
banning these irearms or does not understand their function and sporting use, or both.
Please correct them. “Assault weapon” is a political term created by California anti-gun
legislators to ban some semi-automatic riles there in the 1980s.
• AR-15-style riles look like military riles, such as the M-16, but function like other semiautomatic civilian sporting irearms, iring only one round with each pull of the trigger.
• Versions of modern sporting riles are legal to own in all 50 states, provided the purchaser
passes the mandatory FBI background check required for all retail irearm purchasers.
• Since the 19th century, civilian sporting riles have evolved from their military predecessors. The modern sporting rile simply follows that tradition.
• These riles’ accuracy, reliability, ruggedness and versatility serve target shooters and
hunters well. They are true all-weather irearms.
• Chamberings include .22, .223 (5.56 x 45mm), 6.8 SPC, .308, .450 Bushmaster and
about a dozen others. Upper receivers for pistol calibers such as 9 mm, .40 and .45 are
available. There are even .410 shotgun versions.
• These riles are used for many different types of hunting, from varmint to big game. And
they’re used for target shooting in the national matches.
• AR-15-style riles are no more powerful than other hunting riles of the same caliber and
in most cases are chambered in calibers less powerful than common big-game hunting
cartridges like the 30-06 Springield and .300 Win. Mag.
• The AR-15 platform is modular. Owners like being able to afix different “uppers” (the
barrel and chamber) to the “lower” (the grip, stock).
If the government turns bad and wants to take your property, no guns will stop them. Plus they have droans!
Stop being so foolish thinking guns will protect you against a tyrannous government. You are delusional if you think guns will help you.
And would you really want to risk your life over it?
Lastly, there is NO WAY the idea (or fantasy) of using guns to protect you from the gov is more important than the lives of children being murdered with these so called defense mechanisms.