Tue, Sep 16, 2014, 3:42 PM EDT - U.S. Markets close in 18 mins.

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Bovie Medical Corporation Message Board

  • SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • "...to all investors, sometimes there is no real reason for a sell off... todays markets seem nervous and it is a "sell first, ask questions later" scenario... so be careful, don't extend yourself too much and don't use margin! "

      Good advise. I think there are now a lot of trapped longs here (myslef included although I did manage to take some profit at $8.50). With a stock so thinnly traded like this one it is very hard to know the reasons behind any upswing or downswing. the news released over the past month has been nothing short of positive so my take is that the MM's are using the current market conditions to shake out all the weak hands. But I'd hate to be wrong in this typye of stock. today should be a good indication as to what is going on. I fully expect to see earnings reported today based on the end of day trading yesterday...

    • dragan,

      I always look at stock tip from other investors who seem to do their DD, especially when they keep up their own homepage to do so!

      ...I was ready to buy BVX on the breakout over $9.00 level... BUT since it turned down I stayed on the sidelines... I have had no time for detailed F/A analysis, products, markets, competitors, management BUT the T/A on BVX chart made it a possible mo-mo play... and I do that for a little quick $$$ here and there...

      ...$6.90 sure looks like a great buy on your side looking at yesterdays chart... I hope it recovers $7.00 level quickly today...

      ...good luck my friend! I will keep an eye on it!

      ...to all investors, sometimes there is no real reason for a sell off... todays markets seem nervous and it is a "sell first, ask questions later" scenario... so be careful, don't extend yourself too much and don't use margin!

    • I say today's good volume is the final indicator that this was the bottom. As mentioned earlier, a touch down on major moving avg. support is normal, and healthy. My father, buying the breakout, bought 8.95. Me, trying to teach my dad, bought 7.80s....lol... Luckily his time frame is much much longer than mine.

      Anyway, I figure tomorrow will confirm whether this is a normal correction or a new base forming. Still, stops will be a lifesaver if fear pushes this below the 50 day.

      GLTA

    • <<Hey Mike whats up? It looks like you got in at a good price. I got in last week on the break of the pennant. Your right, there has been some people who took some profits because we got close and failed to take out the last high. Today was encouraging since we got a bounce right above the 50 day EMA. The hammer we formed would have been stronger with a close over 8, but I think your right about this moving up in the coming weeks. It would be a good sign to post a white candle or close back above the 10 day in the next few days. A close below the 50 day would give me second thoughts. At this point I will be just in hold mode with a slightly higher average. >>

      Ali---I took a look at the chart you posted and some of the various comments and studied this stock a lot today -- so I thought it was worth putting some money down on it. On IBD it has an EPS of 84 which isn't bad at all for a low priced stock. I noticed folks were talking it up a bit as it reached $9 and that likely pulled a few folks in -- so I wanted to at least provide an input to those folks so that they didn't feel screwed by some of the more enthusiastic posts. At the moment I figure I will hang in there as a long term hold and will add if it comes down more. Its a good looking stock fundamentally and some intersting realtionships wioth BSX and the like. Technically its a little more interesting. For instance, the other day it went up on decent volume after news. However, it pulled back a little harsher than I would have expected (it broke that flagging pattern pretty convincingly). However, I figure it will likely recover from that break and that some of that action is due to some swing trading/selling action. The only concern I have is that its not yet apparent to me that Institutions are coming in at the right price point -- However there is some buying at the trend line(s) so I thought given everything that this was worth taking a position in. Mike

    • Hey Mike whats up? It looks like you got in at a good price. I got in last week on the break of the pennant. Your right, there has been some people who took some profits because we got close and failed to take out the last high. Today was encouraging since we got a bounce right above the 50 day EMA. The hammer we formed would have been stronger with a close over 8, but I think your right about this moving up in the coming weeks. It would be a good sign to post a white candle or close back above the 10 day in the next few days. A close below the 50 day would give me second thoughts. At this point I will be just in hold mode with a slightly higher average.

    • ShakeOut?

 
BVX
4.33+0.05(+1.17%)3:26 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.