% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Caterpillar Inc. Message Board

you are viewing a single comment's thread.

view the rest of the posts
  • gitarpikntrader gitarpikntrader Mar 2, 2009 4:24 PM Flag


    By your comment, you're asking if you should "jump in now or wait until it hits bottom"

    All I can say is if you feel it has not hit bottom, then why jump in now?

    Actually, you should wait for some stabilization, higher level consolidation, and then buy at the breakout - otherwise, you're just chasing this thing down and it is senseless

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Good advice but I see CAT stabiliing here with very little to go down from here. A lot of fear selling. Best investment here is the options on the call side.. I like the April calls at 24.00@ 1.48... of course all jmho

      • 1 Reply to freenextel
      • Well, I'll be watching for it get some traction and it very well could at these levels, however I do think the SPX and DJI are moving lower and may cause CAT to drop to the $17.50 area.

        I hope not as I would like to re-enter as I sold out today after averaging down from $29 - at some point you have to scream "mercy", especially when in multiple losing positions.

        Time to keep the powder dry and wait it out.

        I truly wish everyone luck in this market, mine has just run out for the time being.

        Take Care

75.81+1.58(+2.13%)Jun 30 4:01 PMEDT