Mon, Sep 22, 2014, 6:31 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

EGAIN COMM CP Message Board

  • s_e_t_56 s_e_t_56 May 5, 2007 1:57 PM Flag


    I believe that I have indicated in the past that I am not yet ready to write off my losses with EGAN. I do feel that I am caught between a rock and a hard place. My choices are limited!

    EGAN going private (not necessarily at a higher price than current levels) or filing bankruptcy could effectively make the choice for me. No, I am not happy with my options.

    Maybe if I knew what the future held, it might help. Obviously, one may hope to be buying on the dips, bringing down the average cost per share. This method probably works 100% of the time if a company has 'bottomed out'. Of course, if lower 'lows' are reached, more good money is going down the drain. Buying the dips works when the dips do not become gorges!!!

    Yes, I probably have waited five years, and I probably will continue to wait, though impatiently!

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • I agree with you but I was down quite a bit from my purchases since 2000. At 10,000 shares, my break even will be ~ $4 which will be ~65 million market. My guess is they will get bought out or go private at 2x sales. So, hopefully, I will break. You can call it wishful thinking.


    • why are you throwing good money after when you get your 10000 shares this stock will move...not smart...

    • Next to impossible to say anything new about this company.

      I sure thought good things would begin to happen when they converted the preferred and I suppose sales have increased but not nearly as much as I expected.

      When Hresko was at Primus he hit one total grand slam when he landed Kodak. Aside from that he just did well enough to keep them in the game until they sold out. Hopefully that new very large mutual fund company is going to mean $2-$5 million license revenues over the next couple of quarters.

      Wonder if that would attract any interest in the stock if they got profitable for a couple of quarters? Their guidance is for profits for the last six month (or one huge final quarter!) so I would like to think they would have announced a miss already if it wasn�t going to happen. Guess we will find out on Thursday.

      Hate to be so cynical but they need to create an opportunity for the investment bankers to make some money. I tend to think they could attract some interest if the big holders were to sell some shares and issue some additional equity to pay off the loans from Oak, Ash and raise an additional $10-$15 million for working capital. Until there is some float and interest in the company no one is going to have the nerve to touch the thing except small players or private equity.

6.04-0.16(-2.58%)Sep 22 4:00 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.