I'm betting the stock would fall after the IPO than rise. Think about it-are you going to buy the stock after the IPO or sell? If you wanted in on the new company would you wait for the IPO or buy now?
I'm not against buying SSE but it is far from a slam dunk money making deal.
I looked in their latest SEC filings. The one dated a few weeks ago still had it on schedule.
'The merger is expected to be completed during the fourth quarter of 2010 or the first quarter of 2011 and is subject to the completion of the conversion, approval of the Company’s shareholders, the receipt of regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.'
I will. Picked up a few hundred more shares yesterday at $6.10. Might buy some more if they stay around this level. What I like about this merger is the fact that SSE has a very good balance sheet for a small bank. Even if the merger did not go through, it would still be a good buy.