If you look at shares post Facebook transaction history and commentary it states a investment fund that is designed to hold shares of Facebook purchased ---link
Feb. 14 200k shares
Feb. 22 125k shares
Feb 29 125 shares
Total = 450k shares purchased.
1. If you remember they did their offering on Feb. 10th
2. This would be about 18% of offering staying in line with the 14% stake they own before the offering
3. This would mean the closing of these should be around April 14, 22, 29
4. In the Conference call they said they were using the offering to fund in companies they already own and others. also talked about how they really needed cash fast.
5. svvc is on this link as well. look at Jan. 20th transaction of 70k that is svvc they announced this on march 23rd around 60 days.
6. About the N-2 they just filed I think they will do another offering about a week or two before Facebook trades.
7. They know that this new purchase of Facebook shares will drive stock up on hype so look for offering to be in early may
8. This is my opinion obviously. Maybe I am crazy but i have done a lot homework on this stock.
9. not to include I met up with a friend the other day that wanted to tell about something that his broker had recommended i laughed out loud when he said GSVC. Because I already owned it . Broker thought it was going to $30 before Facebook comes out.
Instagram! Could give FB a market cap of $104B....
Facebook's updated S-1 filing has offered some new details on its recent Instagram purchase, including structure of the payment.
The social networking giant paid $300 million in cash for Instagram and about 23 million shares of common stock. In addition, Facebook has agreed to pay a $200 million termination fee to Instagram if the government blocks the deal or if either party terminates the agreement before Dec. 20, according to the filing. Given the stated $1 billion value of the deal, Facebook is assuming a stock price of about $31.
[More from Mashable: Get Rid of Negative Facebook Ads With Dove’s ‘Ad Makeover’ [VIDEO]]
The $31 share price had been mentioned in previous reports, which used the price to calculate Facebook's market capitalization at around $75 billion. However, if Facebook's stock price goes to $40 -- a figure closer to how it was trading in the secondary markets -- then the company's market cap could be as high as $104 billion. Facebook's IPO is set for May 17, according to reports.
The filing notes that Facebook bought Instagram "as independent mobile applications to enhance our photos product offerings and to enable users to increase their levels of mobile engagement and photo sharing."
maybe they are going to wait until transaction in all 3 are complete which makes it May 2nd
they bought on Feb.14,22,29. 60 day waiting period. makes it may 2nd maybe announce after all transactions!
Hopefully GSVC will let us know what they did with the 90 million before this coming of Friday.
If they were the ones that bought the FB on shares post Feb.14th then they should be clear to give that information by the end of this week.
I guess time will tell!