Why should tsrx investors be on the hook.
Either buy the danged company now with cash and give me the 2 dollars in cubist shares, but don't leave us on the hook till 2016 waiting.
Cammon cubist, you are the one that has the experts to analyze the potential, so pay up front and stop the nonsense.
In Chicago we want cash on the barrel head.
IMHO the $2 CVR will be re-negotiated to $1.50 in added cash, or $15 flat per share cash.
Otherwise, there is just too much of a potential conflict of interest between Cubist and the former shareholders of TSRX. Cubist could just drag their feet and save $2 in the purchase of TSRX. TSRX is not in control anymore. Lawsuits will be forthcoming if TSRX does not reach their goals to meet the $2 rights terms in the specified time...That you can bet on!
Golong: I agree--if Cubist can buy two companies in one day, they can finance a real completion of a TSRX buyout. I am holding my shares for a bit in the hope the second half of this deal gets re-structured a bit off outside pressure? I am not really holding those shares hoping PFE or another comes into the situation. Not impossible, but unlikely now IMO! We will see!
I am not going to wait around on what Cubist does over two years. I would rather evaluate their potential later on and invest in them directly to take advantage of TEDS future. In the interim, my money gets freed up as I am eyeing other bios to get into or deeper into!
The deal won't stand up. Can't make a contingent on sales (CVR) that requires the aquiring company to launch and create the sales that determine what they pay for the asset. Fail and you win? Nope, Straight deal at 15.50 More like 18-20 is my estimate of sufficient) or nothing at all, seek bids, open for business.
I think we are getting low balled, and you're right, we are only being offered 1 $ more than our recent high without drug approval or buyout potential that was not yet priced in.