I might add that I always seem to be a cautionary tale when it comes to these leveraged ETF's. I can't even count the number of times I've been down 20% or more on a trade. Of course, I usually wind up selling at a 20% or more gain, so it doesn't even really bother me anymore. I'm pretty skeptical that I will be able to pull off that big of a gain on this trade, but I like my odds of getting back to even on it. All those Santa Claus rally fans will provide lot's of momentum to the downside once they figure out they are only getting a lump of coal this year.
My hats off to both you, Haluk, and MJ for holding on to TZA for this long. Due to all of this turbulence, the decay in this thing is so miserable that you have to have a pretty solid conviction to not touch the mouse.
If I were going to sell any today, I'd have waited until about $36. If it is going to bounce, it would be there. That is the bottom of the channel. More than likely it gets to $36, goes sideways for a day and a half to make it to the top of the channel, then drops again. Kind of like it did Thursday afternoon and Friday. That would have the market dropping big on Wednesday. Would make for a nice Thanksgiving for at least 1 person I know. LOL!