Thu, Mar 5, 2015, 3:51 PM EST - U.S. Markets close in 9 mins.


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Message Board

  • bbondslf25 bbondslf25 Dec 11, 2012 1:14 PM Flag

    Can somebody give me a good reason to hold this stock?

    The two catalysts we were waiting for are out... and it did nothing to the stock price. U guys said to wait till december/end of december... well both results are out and it did nothing. Now the next catalyst is pushed back to Q1 2013... so whats the point of holding this till then? isn't it better to sell now and then get back in later.... this stock didnt go up on news and now we wont see any news till then... hell, even a capital raise is possible.... so give me some good reasons why anybody shud holde this the next 1-2 months...

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • You are looking for certainty in an uncertain world. Yes the price could go down. But what if it didn't. What if there are a lot of people out there thinking like you that want to get in but think the opportunity will be better after the first of the year. But it turns out the opportuntiy doesn't present itself? What if they do a deal and all these people jump in and it goes to $1.50. You are talking about many different possibilities with a company like this. If you sell, it might work out for you, if you don't it might, just hard to say without hindsight. The only thing we do know is INO has been producing incredible results and at some point the PPS will reflect that, we just don't know when. We also know that Marxe has been a big problem for the share price. When they're gone, what will happen? All you can do is weigh everything, make a decision, and no matter what happens live with it.

      • 1 Reply to basherbuster2012
      • "You are looking for certainty in an uncertain world. Yes the price could go down. But what if it didn't."

        I'm not looking for a certainty at all... and the price possibly going down was not the point of my post. It was that it's likely going to level off here until the next catalyst dates... so if I have 2 months to go long on another stock while this is essentially 'dead money'.... its a reasonable thing to think about.... If u disagree and dont want to let go of this because of the unexpected... feel free to do so, but dont attack or paint somebody in a negative light if they dont.... the argument I brought up is a reasonable one.

        " at some point the PPS will reflect that, we just don't know when"

        We don't know that for sure...its what ur hoping on. If we knew for sure that at some point the PPS will go up... this stock wouldnt be at .50 cents right now. People wud be getting in right now.... Ino has had success, but that does not guarantee future success...

    • No, you would not understand it. It is not a stock for you. U should sell now! Actually, you should not have bought INO! Hope I have helped you. I did my best! How many shares do you have?

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • spencercarey Dec 11, 2012 1:21 PM Flag

      No one has to convince you of anything. This is what trading biotech is about its unpredictable and especially in early stage biotechs. If you like the results thus far then stay if not this is not for you. You're impatience here well not work to you're benefit. Macro factors are suppressing the stock and if you don't believe in you're own investment then sell.

      Sentiment: Hold

      • 1 Reply to spencercarey
      • This is why these message boards sucks.... it mostly has biased pumping opinions such as yours... anytime somebody presents a reasonable argument, instead of acknowledging his point, u go on the offensive and try to paint that person as negative ( ur impatient comment). This is not about being impatient.... it's about figuring out whether I am better off being long in something else for now, and then getting back in this once the big catalysts dates are near, rather than holding a stock that will likely trade in this range for the next few months. If u wanna hold... go ahead, but when sombody else presents a reasonable argument, dont put them in a negative light...

    • simple answer

      always expect the unexpected ;)

      if u believe in this co then buy and hold risk of going low from here is less compare to high i mean above buck

      becz this stock is crazy u never know what will happen next


7.57+0.21(+2.85%)3:50 PMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.