Wed, Sep 3, 2014, 12:48 AM EDT - U.S. Markets open in 8 hrs 42 mins

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Valley National Bancorp Message Board

  • g37972 g37972 Aug 23, 2013 8:05 AM Flag

    Next 10%

    In the last 30 days, the DOW has fallen by 4% and Valley has risen by 6% - for a total of a 10% difference. What internal events (within the bank) and external events (in the economy) do you think have to occur in order for Valley stock to rise another 10% relative to the market?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • VLY just reduced their interest rate on about 8% of their borrowed money. In addition, I believe most investors are not factoring in the CONTINUING rise in interest rates. The regional banks will be the ones that prosper. This stock is undervalued in my opinion and a BUY. I added more today.

      Sentiment: Buy

    • hey g,

      It's all about the profits. Q2 profits of 17 cents wasn't too good, but VLY beat analyst expectations.

      Expectations for Q3 and for Q4 are for 15 cents for each. That would be 62 cents for the year (keep in mind that the dividend is 65 cents). The estimate for next year is for 62 cents again.

      We need a positive surprise. If we don't get better profits, this stock is going nowhere.

 
VLY
10.12+0.12(+1.20%)Sep 2 4:01 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.