Welcome to the Stock Market. It's the only place where a bailout can happen and the Market rejoices. Fannie and Freddie go to zero and the Banks go to the moon. I think the Pirate's ship (SKF) just went to the bottom of the sea. The World likes the bailout. The Dollar likes it. Asia was up big and Europe is up over 3%.
Or, is Blasto right and the Market up because McCain/Palin have taken the lead? No way Jose. It's got to be Fannie & Freddie. I'm staying out of Politics. Let Blasto run for bored President.
Oh, how about GEOY, my trade of the day Friday. They made it into space (as seen on the Internet) and they gapped up nice today. You're welcome.
WFR front? Nada. Nice gapper too.
1) IBD movers on volume? AFAM, CRMT, AMED, ZOLL, IBM, ECOL, AMZN, BKE, DXPE, NTRS, TITN, RIMM, POT, AAON, QSII, PRXL, NWPX, HCBK, CCC and FSYS...conclusion? Stock specific.
2) Goog earnings/guidance? HITK
3) Goog upgrades? C likes TS, Freidman likes RF, MER likes GS, Stifel likes MPWR and Keegan likes RIMM.
4) MO takes UST for $69.50/share. Vultures are circling LEH. GEHL gets taken for $30/share. NCEM gets taken for $13.37/share. Wasn't this one of Old's stocks?
5) Little Gals? WM - force out CEO.
6) Barron's likes CTSH, DFS and SCHN.
7) IBD likes MMSI.
8) Other goog stocks? HD, LOW, GIL and TPX.
9) FDA stock - BPAX (oral contraceptive). BIOD gets slammed the other way.
10) Trade of the Day? SKF on this gap down and gap up by the Banks. That was easy.
Some fellow in on the trading floor was discussing his morning, we'd expect a retrace today and some sided ways action. But I don't think we've busted this rally yet. If you can call the last few days a rally.
I remember him on tv saying anything below $115 was a gift...and so the story was written...lol
all seriousness...it is painful to watch....I have some excellent positions just getting wacked the last two weeks
GL my friend
How much do you think the new polls on McCain have to do with the downdraft on WFR and STP?
Is it assumed that a Republican win will mean the end of solar subsidies? We will still have a Democratic house and Senate
Repub's are trying to tie in offshore drilling into the renewable energy tax credit deal which is BS. I believe 100% that there will be a comprimise to alllow an extension of the solar tax credits because too many jobs are at stake as is the perception of efforts to move away from foreign oil. It's a done deal and major catalyst for solar stocks going forward.
It sounds like both candidates are for implementing renewables. After all, it's the future.
The slide in the Market has to do with liquidity and the housing issue. Most stocks move with the Market (3 out of 4). Solar had a nice run in late '07 and is now consolidating those gains imo. As we know, WFR has had manufacturing issues which makes it doubly worse. Plus, the semi piece is slowing.
I'm on the reservation when it comes to Politics. I certainly hear what Blasto is saying though. Politics affects our pocketbook via taxes and poor policy. This ultimately impacts stocks which is why it's relevant. But, you have to open your mind and listen. Really listen. Can an Indian do dat?
.. ah-Oyyyyyyy Darth ....
..... argh ... so much sed,,, too much ponderin'
....... m'Parrot sed ta waits ... waits tills da big Cap'ns. puts da Map inta play ..
.. aye,,, stayin' da Corse fer now ..... big Cap'ns. at 1300 hrs ........ by da powers !!!