Base a product on solving one of life's most unpleasant experiences, dental care. or curing one of aging's worst side effects, presbyopia. Inundate the web with PR heralding these miracles. Inflate profits by excluding significant compensation expense knowing the PR will more than cover the sacrifice.
When the faithful are mesmerized by a surge in sales, that almost reached past highs, follow up with a sequentially lower gross sales amount and 1/2 the prior quarter's growth rate.
You and the other bafoon posting said.."cos will never be profitable"---WRONG...."cos will never grow"....WRONG with near record sales......"cos cant generate cash"...WRONG...."lasers will never get adopted"....WRONG as every bit of research says that lead generation is rapidly growing as per IDC dental show shows and EPIC demand expodes with iPLUS to follow......."Freddie is a liar mgt is too"...WRONG...every fundamental benchmark as improved last 12-18 mths......EVERY SINGLE THING YOU POSTED TURNED OUT 100% FALSE FUNDAMENTALLY........
Spot on. They used to have to pitch 15-20 times to get one sale, now they generate a sale for every 2-3 pitches. BIOL also has dentists coming to them now. I call that brand recognition.
1. The company is not profitable. It made a nickle in 4Q12, but still lost ~$0.15/share on the year.
2. I don't believe I wrote "the company will never grow." They have added products that have add to the gross sales. I do questioned if the path they have opted for will lead to profitability. BTW, "near record sales" are still well short of the 1st and 2nd Schein years, especially if you deduct the low margin OEM equipment sales and add in the discount Biolase granted Schein to cover sales cost.
3. Don't beleive I said "lasers will never be adopted." I have written they won't be widely adopted for dentristry at the price Biolase sells them. There is a contingent of high end dentist that buy every wiz bang thing that comes along and with proper training can be very sucessful. Most dentist aren't those guys.
4. How does one quantify the buyers from the lookers at IDC shows? If Biolase finds these shows so sucessful, why did Freddie announce he is going to cut back Biolase's attendence at them in the 4Q CC?
5. I have documented many of Freddie's lies. Did you read how he sued a competitor for hacking into Google maps to show his "fashion studio" in New York to be in the wrong location. REALLY! he thinks a fashion design company hacked Google!!!! I think even the Kool Aid drinkers hope Freddie knew that was a lie when he filled suit. How about his insistance he wasn't in-charge for the past decade, when anyone that he fired in that period will tell you he was?
6. It is true the benchmarks have improved, but thye still are not as good as they were in even Schein's second year. IMHO, Biolase has picked up the delayed sales from FY2010's lost year of sales. As I have written, 1Q13 and 2Q13 will tell if the "growth" is real and can be maintained.
One should try and do at least a lttile research before one posts. it tens to make one appear foolish when one is so easily corrected.
And I may add at $15M thats 20% groowth vs. 90% other medice cos posting no where near that growth......4Q is seasonally best qrt and one cant expect same growth in 1Q....only you can turn a postiive into negative with spin...
Thats right no matter what occurs always bash.....how about they just posted THEIR HIGHEST SALES SINCE 2008, generated cash and enter 1Q with a nice backlog. And from what i can tell at IDC with booth traffic the highest in history 1Q will be at least $15M which puts it the highest since 2008 & 2006 too. Again you have an agenda everyone knows it and you immoral shill are exposed..........you are a pathetic propogandist......look for a preannouncement in early April on upside.....
Why is it you are happy that Freddie AFTER THREE years of his admitted full control has been unable to bring Biolase to the levels of 2008? Seems to me to be a veery low hurddle, given the low margin OEM devices he has added to boost the gross numbers.
John I resent being thrust in to a leadership role, I know it's hard to come up with original ideas, and guys like me can be hard to keep up with, we crank stuff out faster than you can take notes, as a result we attract followers like yourself. Seriously though, I like to fly solo, you should seek to follow the lead of someone with more...panache.
But since you're asking, Gold is probably in such a cycle at the moment, might have better luck trapping there? I did add to my BIOL position at noon, and initiated a vertical spread on some other stock thingy. In case you wanted to know how real investing works?