The computer programs are now sniffing for a bottom. If they smell bottom, the buy programs are triggered. If they don't, we'll see a rollover into another down day for the major averages.
I think the same is going on with nrf.....maybe even by humans. If the bottom is felt, smelled, detected, the buying gets into gear. Otherwise, another drop until the sell momo is finished.
Well, I'm hoping that 15.07 is near the bottom because I made a move to dump more into NRF. I'm small time, so I'm officially a 1,000 share member woot! If some of you knew how weighted I was into NRF you'd push me over a cliff :O However, I just don't see the virtually assured upside anywhere else, as 15.00 is very very low for NRF at this point. I hope that some of you guys with a bigger roll are considering some June or later options at this point.
You are young enough to strike out a couple of times and still retire rich. Just keep on living beneath your means and save for retirement (not a Corvette) from every paycheck.
I don't buy calls much at all.....maybe once a year as a dice roll.....because they are a wasting asset. If things don't work on the timetable you bet on, it's premium down the drain. I'd rather be long collecting a dividend which gives me lotsa time to wait.
10% correction from high; still 50% above pre spin announcement. Probably selling related to exchange offering. No other negative news specific to NRF/NSAM (to the contrary, the future looks bright). Market in a funk. Looks like a buying opportunity.
10 o'clock smackdown was a big one. Started at 9:55 at 15.37 to 14.89 17 minutes later. One minute over 800,000 shares. A couple of minutes later over 600,000 shares. I doubt these big minutes are mostly shorts.
A big guy sitting on huge gains got scared the gains were running away....thus the fear dump....which will shake the retail tree.
Just gotta wait it out. Nothing wrong inside nrf besides huge one-time cost of exchangeable notes. Growth continues. Got 12% on leveraged equity waiting to close on 1 billion of new healthcare properties. Waiting for sec to declare effective registration statement for nsam. Working on 2 billion nontraded offering with rxr. Growth continues. Just gotta be patient and shake off fear.
My guess is earnings report 5/2, three weeks from next Friday. Should be lotsa news in that.