% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Research Frontiers Inc. Message Board

  • cyberne cyberne Nov 8, 2013 2:21 PM Flag

    Takeover Possibility

    What do you guys think of the possible take-over? Joe mentioned that this is one of the two things that worries him. (The other being inability to utilize the technology to its FULL potential in the market place)

    I would hate to see this company stolen from us after waiting for SO LONG. I know about the "poison pill" but according to Joe this will not stop a determined buyer.

    Sentiment: Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • And may I remind you, none of the licensees have seen any financial advantage to owning a piece of REFR.
      That includes inactive licensee St. Gobain.

      • 1 Reply to xavierducats
      • Babyducks,

        Since you really want to go there, SG has bet their money on EC, even though their EC sunroof offering in the 2005 Ferrari SuperAmerica has been plagued with problems and no other automotive manufacturers have considered that version of SG EC as a dimmable roof technology.

        Rather than learning from experience and reactivating their license with RFI, however, SG decided to save the 10 percent royalty and spent $80 million to buy out SAGE and its version of EC. We're still awaiting a flood, or even a regular trickle, of PRs from them SAGE disclosing the specific present and future architectural, automotive, aircraft or other projects that will justify their investment.

        SG tried to bury RFI and SPD by pulling the plug on Hankuk so their EC would dominate the dimmable glass market, and their gamble failed. It's really that simple.

        Quack, quack.

    • Another company would have to spend far less than the current market cap to take SPD from the point of expired patents and improve it beyond what is currently offered.
      You folks are either dreamers or paid pumpers.

    • Just to clarify my statement. Even if we get 4-5x current share price premium it would still be viewed by me and hopefully other shareholders as a steal. Now that Joe mentioned that during the conference it does worry me a bit.

      Sentiment: Buy

4.21+0.04(+0.96%)Feb 10 4:00 PMEST