% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Abraxas Petroleum Corp. Message Board

  • hall.bill hall.bill Jun 4, 2014 6:35 PM Flag

    new to this board, & you folks seem astute and serious. trying to gauge appropriate price after

    this kind of announcement. I'm sure I need to look much further back into headlines, but off-hand, can anyone tell me what kind of "next-day" pricing to expect given this oil increase announcement ah? trying to decide if I should wait until a.m., or get in now. also, is this boepd increase enough to offset the downward trend lately?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • tracey563 Jun 5, 2014 10:07 AM Flag

      this is one if not the best on yahoo fiance,minimal paranoia,most me by the way,im cautious,little pumping and discussions are about the stock and why its moving either way.

    • Hard to say how the herd will play it as there is both some very good news and some implications on current production. I think anyone with a view towards 3rd qtr and beyond is probably pretty content with the update. 3 key items stand out...Upward guidance, higher % of oil production forecast and good well results. Of note to short term that the Dutch wells and the Henry are running about two weeks late and they combined equate to around 3,000 it would have been sweeter to hear they were on production. I really don't think anyone investing with longer outlook is going to care much...I don't. But in practical terms three 1,000 boepd wells for 14 days is 42,000 boe..just fact. The upside is the flow rates on the eyes all increased post sub-pump and the Jores sound like they are we'll just see what we see come 2nd qtr. I'm less disappointed on a little delay with Dutch's and Henry than I am satisfied with upward guidance, added acreage in Jourdanton ....we hit $5.80 when most of what is now confirmed was just speculated to maybe you tell me...should facts be more valuable than hope ? So far there's been some run-ups and pull backs on AXAS....but only for the short time frames...the 100 day and 200 day sma's have been steadily moving up...and in general the whole book tells the story better than a few paragraphs. I still don't see myself selling prior to 3rd qtr...and even then I'll go by what the story tells me when I get that deep into the book. JMHO GLTA

    • Flip a coin and hope for the best. My guess would be it will open less than $5.00 pp/s

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

1.155-0.055(-4.55%)10:15 AMEDT