% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

Ebix Inc. Message Board

  • stuart60611 stuart60611 May 16, 2013 2:22 PM Flag

    Higher Offer: Still Likely?

    I know that many here have predicted that there is likely going to be a higher offer. What do you think the chances are now that some more time has passed since the Goldman announcement?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • I continue think they remain low, in agreement with interst_in_stocks, given the multinational and multiindustry (health stuff) aspect of EBIX is not an easy fit for many potential buyers in the insurance industry that ebix mainly serves. I'm more interested in when the deal is likely to close, I know they indicated "third quarter" but in this kind of situation how likely is it to be closer to oct 1 than July 1? I've now got some idle cash to consider selling a few more puts but the premiums have come down considerably since after the deal was first announced, arbitrage opportunity dwindling

      in absence of competing bid

    • I still dont think so. IMO they are too diverse for a competitor to take them over. They try to compete in different spaces. Some have worked (exhange offerings) and some have not (Carrier). Somone else would be inheriting to some extent a hodgpodge of products including custom software projects, CuretPet etc. that would probably have to be spun off. Maybe the board really was correct to simply take the company private. And maybe the price does reflect the uncertainties surrounding this company.

    • I think there is a possibility of a higher offer.
      If I were making a higher offer, I would wait till the last possible minute.
      There is also a possibility of a judge staying (delaying) the deal (for example, allowing Navin Shah's suit to go forward)

      Sentiment: Hold

37.79+0.75(+2.02%)Nov 25 4:00 PMEST