Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

VirtualScopics Inc. Message Board

  • retiredtechie retiredtechie Dec 5, 2010 11:29 PM Flag

    RT: Stocks Don't Go Straight Up Without Pull backs

    In regards to the current discussion, I'm just trying to bring some reality to the situation at hand. I'm not trying to spoil anyones party. I too feel we have a solid uptrend established with VSCP over the long haul based on what is seen as forthcoming fundamental improvement, however, I see trouble coming into view within the next few days. This stock has gone too far too fast. Short termers are going to want to take their profits based upon the quick return here not to speak of those who see opportunity knocking playing the "short game" - - - and thats going to put "temporary" pressure on VSCP share pricing. My point here is why buy at the $1.75/share level when you have a pretty decent chance to nab this one once again around $1.40/share on the forthcoming dip and correction. I'm advocating a good dose of caution at this time with VSCP. Hold what you already have and if you want a bigger slice of this play, wait for a better pricing opportunity. That's the route I'm currently taking.

    Cheers and good investing,
    Retiredtechie/RT

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • RT: Yes, indeed, I am smiling. What I have noticed today is that there seems to be a multiple number of shares on the asked side in comparison to the buy side.

    • Bayshoreob:

      When all is said and done here, irregardless of our short term tactical differences of opinion, I expect that both of us will become big winners with VSCP into the longer run. I currently have 18,000 shares of this stock under my wing and I'm loving every minute of it. It appears we are likely to record a 10th straight day of gains once we close this trading session - - - hope you are smiling too.

      Cheers and good investing,
      Retiredtechie/RT

    • in general, I agree with your assessment. However, it's not easy to say when a stock is due for a pull-back, especially when the underlying value is so much higher.

      Just a few weeks ago, when the stock was at $1.40, this chat board was buzzing with predictions of pullbacks to $1.30 vs $1.20 vs a consolidation. None of the three proved correct as the stock just kept moving higher.


      Who knows what happens this time around, but I'm happy to stick it out.

    • RT: I think most people agree with your big picture analysis. You're saying that the move up is short-lived, while most folks here, like myself, think that it appears there will be a few more days of upward movement, based on the trend and last week's stellar performance of the stock. I don't necessarily think anyone here is disputing your assertion that there will be a pullback....

      • 1 Reply to bayshorerob3
      • Bayshoreob:

        Given your last comment, don't you think its only wise to wait for that pull back that you speak of rather than leaping in at current share pricing levels? The aim here is to keep your overall cost down while waiting for this stock to develop the anticipated fundamentals that will propel it some day to the $10.00/share level thereby increasing your potential for profit. I would say the chance for further upward share price movement with VSCP in the next few days is slim to none - - - and "Slim" was just seen running south at full speed. On the other hand, Bayshoreob, don't let me sway you if your really think this stock is headed much higher in the coming week. Do what you think is best for you.

        Cheers and good investing,
        Retiredtechie/RT

 
VSCP
2.35+0.05(+2.17%)Jul 31 2:50 PMEDT