Thu, Mar 5, 2015, 3:51 PM EST - U.S. Markets close in 9 mins.


% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

VirtualScopics Inc. Message Board

  • silvermanbob44 silvermanbob44 Feb 2, 2013 10:15 PM Flag

    coming this week or beginning of next week

    While I have been long on this stock and will remain so, it pains me to say that a reverse split is going to happen this week or sometime before February 13th unless a miracle happens like the 510 K gets FDA clearance this week. Even then the reverse split may still be likely. Molly Henderson stated at the last quarterly earnings conference that the company will do what it takes to remain listed so a reverse split seems like the only option for them at this point.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Reverse split seems inevitable, the company does not want to be delisted. Molly Henderson said in the last conference call that the company would do a reverse split if necessary. I would guess by February 13th all of us will have 1 share for every 5 or 10 that we own now.

      Sentiment: Hold

      • 1 Reply to silvermanbob44
      • hard to say,.....I believe VSCP has other options it can play out to avoid an R/S at the moment....I believe they can appeal to the SEC for an extension of time based on a certain set of criteria which I'm hoping VSCP meets.......I would think that if VSCP was going to do a R/S they would have announced it by the fact it hasn't been mentioned yet is a good sign.....lets see what happens.....I don't believe now that they will be making some kind of miraculous PR about an FDA clearance tomorrow, but I do believe they may have convinced the SEC to hold off from delisting them for another 6 months.......since the FDA decision is immient...:D

    • A reverse split will destroy the company. Just think, if VSCP does a 2 for 1 reverse split (i.e. 100 shares is now 50 shares) at a higher price, the UOR will continue to sell unitl the price is below a dollar again. That is their problem the UoR. I would prefer VSCP go OTC until they prove revenues can support a reverse split. Right now, their revenues cannot support a reverse split. Once the 510k is approved and additional contracts are announced, the company can always get listed back on a major exchange.

      If VSCP does a 2 for 1 reverse split, there will be about 15 million shares outstanding. One thing VSCP has on their side is technology. Merck knows this! VSCP has to use some of their cash to raise the price per share. I believe VSCP is afraid to raise the PPS so soon, because the UoR would pounce on selling as soon as they could plunging the stock back under a dollar. A large shareholder like UOR should be a responsible shareholder, but what I've seen, they aren't.

      Note: If board members of this company are active as board members in the UoR, that could be a conflict of interest. I don't know if this is true, but the board members of VSCP must know what is going on and how to combat the selling or manipulation of the PPS by UoR. VSCP must buy its on stock, be delisted and go OTC, or be bought out by Merck.


      Sentiment: Buy

      • 1 Reply to ybirdsoffire
      • birds, .....I don't think UofR is selling to destroy the company.......and an R/S won't destroy it, as well as I'm not so certain UofR would sell as much as they usually since the price is so depressed at this time..........however, an R/S is not a good thing, and yes, we will probably see some price erosion sadly..........and I believe that is what is going to happen based on the behavior of the stock on Friday......unless VSCP hears this week.....seems to be VSCP has little choice here sadly.......still holding, but not very happy about their performance........hoping they have some decent news for Q4 though from an operational standpoint........:D

3.20-0.18(-5.33%)Mar 5 2:36 PMEST

Trending Tickers

Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.