I have been a shareholder and following VSCP for 7 years....I have seen some good and even great quarters.....typically, I have seen a nice run up in the stock about 4 or 5 trading sessions prior to announcement, if in fact the quarter is to be good and great. Unfortunately, that is currently not the case. With that said however, I do believe the bad news has already been factored in and discounted....i.e. flat or negative earnings and the delay in the 510k process. What concerns me most is whether Merck will come forth with the next round of $3 million in March-April.....not that VSCP couldn't survive without it.....but, it would be disappointing not to come forth with a further commitment from Merck.
Reflecting further, the PPD strategic alliance has been disappointing in a major way...I guess VSCP is just a speck of sand on PPd's beach of other projects.
I do remain optimistic about VSCP's future prospects and believe that tying into personalized medicine is the way to go.....Molly thought that she would have a green light in late fall, but lo and behold the FDA bureaucracy put a stranglehold on things.....but, I do believe it will happen. In terms of profitability,
it will probably take at least 4 to 6 quarters before VSCP can figure out the reimbusement nuances....
I do believe this is a great time to buy the stock. Regards to the stalwarts Yags, Birds and Silverman.
bayshore, good post! I agree with you that now is actually a great time to buy for those who believe in the company's business plan and technology, it could end up being extremely lucrative. As for Merck coming through with the second round of funding if I remember correctly VSCP has to meet certain markers, one of which is getting FDA clearance. Hopefully this will be news in the next month or two. As of now the lack of clarity on whether or not this is going to happen is weighing on potential investors I think. I'll be tuned into the earnings announcement on the 19th, looking for some sort of positive news.
I can't see a company like Merck giving VSCP 3 million dollars and not reviewing the potential of VSCP's 510K. Merck must think VSCP's technology is worth it from the "git-go" for a total investment of 6 million dollars.
nice post.....continue to hold and see what happens.....not expecting any FDA clearance news on the horizon sadly, so it will be interesting to see if they manage to get the pps to rise based on operational results only....seems unlikely, but as Bieber says...."never, say never!"....:D