Fri, Aug 29, 2014, 6:57 PM EDT - U.S. Markets closed

Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

JAVELIN Mortgage Investment Corp. Message Board

  • eugene_picklewedge eugene_picklewedge Jul 16, 2013 1:07 PM Flag

    Stock market follows toddler "bunch ball" strategy

    Every watch kids play soccer? Where ever the ball is there is a pile of kids swarming and kicking. If the ball squirts out from a lucky kick, a couple stragglers stay behind picking flowers or their noses, the rest of the mass flaps its wings in a flurry and panic moves to the balls location. Then the ball squirts out again and rinse/repeat. What a mess, what a sight, what a tragedy.

    Well for kids playing soccer it is not a tragedy, it just is kids learning the game and positioning. But the stock market is almost exactly like toddler soccer games. Just over reactions and panic movements.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • u mean manic-depressive?
      Fortunately, over the years I developed a philosophy of concentrating on rising divs and not the fluctuating stock price and now have sufficient and rising divs, to allow me to pay my bills and more. So the manic price moves are only of theoretical interest. Ideal scenario for me is for the divs to rise and stock prices to fall so that i can reinvest the unspent divs cheaply.
      I only have 4-5% in Mreits but they contribute about 20% of my total divs divs. They obviously do not conform to the RISING div theory. The other 80% of divs do.

 
JMI
13.26+0.05(+0.38%)Aug 29 4:02 PMEDT

Trending Tickers

i
Trending Tickers features significant U.S. stocks showing the most dramatic increase in user interest in Yahoo Finance in the previous hour over historic norms. The list is limited to those equities which trade at least 100,000 shares on an average day and have a market cap of more than $300 million.