Actually a buyout offer would be likely triple the current price. Even if the offer was not accepted, the price would automatically go up to the offer price. Certainly as the shorts have shorted the price down, a big drug company would look at the price and think a offer is worth a shot. However I think DSCO is more interested in going all the way on their own. DSCO created a poison pill to prevent any hostile takeover. Lots of biotechs have been creating poison pills to prevent hostile takeovers. As the shorts hold the price down, they should fear any buyout offers, institutional buying, regulation. and etc. Shorts short stocks down in hopes that you panic from the price going down, and they want you to sell, so that the shorts can buy shares at the low price to cover their debt. Investors should buy at that low price to average their price down and take advantage of the cheap price, then hold to force the shorts to buy in at higher prices as they get short squeezed. The shorts are cheating by churning and naked shorting to hold the price down, but they can not stand it when investors hold or buy more shares. Volume has been really low, and that says that investors are not selling to the shorts, All the volume we see every day is investors buying at times, and churning by the shorts. I have been buying shares to add at these low prices. I am glad to buy borrowed shares from the shorts for cheap. Once Aerosurf passes 2A, then DSCO will attract attention from institutions new or adding along with other investors. I am buying now before Aerosurf passes 2A. As Aerosurf gets closer to FDA approval and passes each phase, then the more attention especially at these low prices. The shorts would then get squeezed as institutions buy. So far in my opinion institutions have only bought enough to take a position as a marker to keep their eye on DSCO, and at some point as Aerosurf continues to move through each phase of the FDA process, the institutions will want to add.