By 03/14 foolish shorts added a whopping 24.51% to HERO short interest from 02/28 to 03/14. After 03/14 they seems to have been even more furiously foolish and the latest short interest report due in next few days will show how foolish that was ....
Only Fast and Furious Shorts may be able to get out alive ...
CNBC saved our rear ends yesterday. The Shorts have very deep pockets and we were desperate for either the Company or the SEC to come to the rescue. Instead it was CNBC! The Shorts looked to be trading shares between themselves for the past 2 weeks to work the price down. They have been dealing with a delicate balance of Short shares vs. borrowing availability. The NEW Buyers that entered and bought 4 million shares yesterday after CNBC Announced to the world that HERO was a screaming BUY, must have really "Blind Sided" the shorts. This was a Multi edged sword:
1. It pulled needed shares out of their hands and into Long hands.
2. It saved existing Longs who are strung out on Margin, from Margin calls and haveing to sell.
3. It may have placed some of the Shorts who were over extended into Margin calls.
4. The delicate balance of Shares very possibly put Brokers into a positon of requiring Shorts to cover within 3 days.
5. It put money into the hands of the Longs to buy more shares.