MEETING DATE: December 20, 2012
For Holders as of: November 7, 2012
TO APPROVE AN AMENDMENT TO MANNKIND CORPORATION'S AMENDED AND RESTATED CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION TO INCREASE THE AUTHORIZED NUMBER OF SHARES OF COMMON STOCK FROM 350,000,000 SHARES TO 550,000,000 SHARES.
Increasing Authorized Shares IS NOT dilution! It is only when shares are issued that existing shareholders get diluted.It dos not mean Outstanding. They are only asking for approval of the number of shares that "could" be issued.
2. It is good business sense to "load your guns before any possible fight for ownership"
3. Authorizing shares is not mean issuing shares.
4. Back to business planning, If Lorc gets approved, they will need additional monies for production.
5. This management team has been awesome, not like Mr. Gold at DNDN. He would shoot his mouth off without thinking pumping the stock and doing a lot of insider trading.
6. So what if management wants to reward their employees If approved. They have waited a long time for this. Longer than most of us on this board.
7. Authorized shares can also be used to "steal" good management from other companies.
Basically it just comes down to good, sound business practice.
you are new here, so you may be forgiven. they just increased the authorized shares earlier this year i believe, and i believe the current request is because they did not authorize enough for the recent offerings (in particular that to the mann group), although i might be incorrect. but as a clear management apologist, no need to read your stuff. to the ignore bin.
Increasing authorized shares does not mean automatic dilution.ARNA did the same before FDA approval about 7 months ago, but they have not been offered to investors in the past 7 months or so an there is no plan to do so in near furure. One of the reason they do it is to have an option if they need it later an also to prevent hostile takeover
December 2011 "we'll have a partner by mid summer"
March-May-2012 " we expect minimun dilution. We're also looking into asset secured debt financing"
Yes, the product Afrezza is promising.
The management are low life deceptionistas , They're in court every two weeks settling with plaintiffs They represent corporate mendacity and greed California style like no other company out there.
The poor suckers who bought in at the original offering price of $14.00 !
The company held the FDA's CRL ....overnight.
Senior executives sold before the public announcement was made at 1pm on 19 January 2010
"I.m cautiously optimistic" ....A. ........( sure you were...).