The way this stock bleeds everyday by the time partnership is announced the stock will be back at $4ps. If so, the long awaited announcement will add $5 per share so I fear that we will be back at $9ps. I was hopeful (fading now) that big announcements would bring big $jumps. I'm LONG forever but I am beginning to get the sense that we might not see the large incremental movement that stocks like DNDN witnessed (after their approval). Anyone else have this restless feeling or am I the Lone Ranger?
mike, it doesn't matter what the pps is now. It's the pps that the partner/buyer will pay that matters. You see Al & management own close to 50%. Any buyer/partner buying a share of the company will have to negotiate the buy price since they can't buy in the open market without tripping the anti-takeover provisions. So if they negotiate the price, hmmm say $36. Does it matter if it's $5 now?
With over 400 million shares outstanding, big price moves are impossible. Your dreams of Dendreon like returns are delusional. If everything goes smoothly and Mannkind is approved, I think you're looking at $10 to $12 per share max. That's $5 billion market cap with no sales and no profits. That's all you're going to get before actual revenues come in.
Why don't you come to you senses and buy some shares, then you can eat at the 4 Seasons.
(Oh yeah, your manager at McDonalds said stop eating the french fries.)
Sentiment: Strong Buy
I just had an email exchange with Jonathan Goldman, VP of biz development...we had a very consistent email flow and then I asked him about the partnership and the line went blank..still no answer.....if there was absolutely no partnership yet he could have stated that "as stated before, they are still in talks with a few global pharma companies" ...idk if it means anything but it makes me think.
I have experienced similar conversations. Mine however have been with Matt and he is usually receptive to returning emails. I recently asked him about the type of filing requested from the FDA. Specifically I asked if MNKD filed an expedited review for Fast Track. If they filed for a class 2 as earlier anticipated it would have been an easy no answer, class 2 as previously discussed. In this case not a word back.
Give it a try perhaps you may get a response.
I filed this under things that make you go hum.
I think that smell is aholejohn's feet.
My pic is Mid-December, right before Christmas.
Gonna try to get a couple more shares, while the getting is good.
Then the wait and bullshite we listen to now until approval.
Then more bullshite about how it won't sell...........until sales come in.
This is a one in a lifetime chance, I'm not missing it.
Sentiment: Strong Buy