Doing a little high level research on this subject:
- Roche does have a diabetic group
- As of Dec 5, 2013 Roche is ranked second among the big pharmas for number of partnership deals completed year to date
- Roche announced over 375 partnering / licensing deals since 2005, with over 24 deals in 2012 alone
- Roche was ranked 8th in revenue in 2012 among big pharma with $38.53 billion USD in sales
- Roche is a Swiss based company and would provide MNKD with strong link to EU market and definitely assist in filing for EU approval
- Roche has no products that would compete with Afrezza
- English is a commonly spoken language in Switzerland, and therefore communications would be simplified
- Roche is recognized as an attractive company to partner with
- A survey measuring the partnering functions of the major pharmaceutical companies identified Roche as having particular strengths in deal structure flexibility, executive leadership, alliance management and manufacturing expertise
- Roche looks for first-in-class or best-in-class opportunities that address diseases of unmet medical need and have the potential to revolutionize the standard of care (DOESN'T THAT SOUND LIKE AFREZZA?)
Your outline says a lot pfg. I think there is something to Sierra's comments. The timeline (delay) for partnership via Greenhill is probably a consequence of multiple partners posturing for the prize but the time has come to finalize a deal, hopefully by years end.
I would agree with you Mike. I know nothing about Sierra, however, it would be foolish to rule out Roche just because the rumor came for Sierra. Certainly, Roche was not even on my own list of potential partners, until Sierra started spreading the rumors. So I will give Sierra credit there.
Where the rumor has substance or not, who knows. However, anyone that does some due diligence can see that a Roche / MNKD partnership actually makes a lot of sense, and that one definitely needs to consider the possibility. Quite frankly, I personally believe the more potential partners there are the better for MNKD.
For myself, I certainly would not be disappointed if Roche ended up being MNKD's partner...
Sierra KNOWS nothing......don't even imagine giving that jack off credit. They have call the left field wall multiple times already and nothing has transpired. Again, THEY KNOW NOTHING
Roche sells or gives away more meters for diabetic testing than any other company in the world. Give away the meter to get that test strip revenue stream. What a novel idea. Ha!
Of course there COULD BE credibility! You can count the list on one hand. So Sierra took her best to pick one! We all know she knows NOTHING, but anyone can make a guess. Now if she guessed right she can look like a genius, when we all know she knew NOTHING
Regardless of the source of the rumor, that does not make the possibility any less likely. Roche is one of the ten largest pharma's in the world, and has certainly been extremely aggressive in forming new partnerships.
No, a broken clock is more correct than Tranny Sierra. Gotta love the website that tells readers that you can listen to her conference call but never posts a link to actually listen to it. Sierra aka Stanley is a clown that needs to be punched in the face, tarred and feathered and then strapped into a speeding Porsche Carerra GT3