Been in since July 06 at $42+, can't continue to wait on this stock to recover. Have looked back the past year, it's high during that time was $44.76, on Mar 26 last year it was at $34.65, now at $35.90, whoopee, it's made 3.6% in the past year. Just can't continue to wait and continue to loose money that can be made by moving these funds into better accounts. I wish you all well, but give hard consideration to getting out now, invest in something else and maybe when this drops again down in the mid to high $20's, come back in. My adviser moved what I had left in ADM into 3 different stocks and 2 funds, I'm following these investments in a comparison online portfolio to see how they do from the date I started to how ADM does from that same date. Ought to be interesting. My advisor had no explanation on why ADM isn't doing much better than it is, with all the positive news about alternative fuels, but he said to continue to stay was a case of missing out on better opportunities. Again, good luck to you all.
I hope you fired your broker today! Most people are better off trading on their own, you may have just learned that lesson today. I have followed your posts on losing with ADM and what I can't figure out is that you bought when the PE was high and now sell when it is low. Check out bigcharts and you can see that the PE should be at a minimum of 20. If you factor in all the good things ADM has going for it you can make many different points for it to be much higher.
If you were smart you would just sell ADM calls to reclaim some of your opportunity costs. You think that this stock is not going to do anything then this is the perfect strategy for you. Too bad your broker or advisor is not taking care of you.
I will probably be the buyer of these calls for the right price because I think this party is finally about to get started.
So you strong sell looks like your own weakness and not ADM's.
Good luck to you too by listening to your advisor to go in/out of ADM. The stock is going higher from here.
Apparently the same advisor must have told you to buy ADM at >$44 and now telling you to get out when the stock is poise to re-test October's high ($40). Ouch!!!