im new to precious metals, i like SLW and while they may be elementary to alot of you guys here goes:
1. stable, follows silver fairly well, not some shady jr. miner that could pop one day or collapse the next
2. part of the Sprott Pres. Metals fund, Embry is a fan of SLW and isnt shy about saying so, he will be on ROB TV next tuesday and im curious to see what he says about silver specifically, not just gold.
3. silver from a TA end seems ready for a push up, but it still remains a bit scitzophrenic...
4. this board unlike some other silver boards isnt full of blind pumpers, hope it stays free of pump and dump monkeys
5. use this recent pull back to make a play, if it pops to $5 on the TSX, shore up a tiny profit, then start again.
Yep ... every 10 cent rise in the price of silver adds $1+ million to the bottom line ... and the price is up $0.12 today, lol ...
"Embry is a fan of SLW and isnt shy about saying so"
That is a negative, not a positive ... his fund is down 1.14 for the month of September, which was the strongest single month for gold stocks in 2+ years, it is up just 1.77% year to date and over the past 12 months, it has a miserable 1.07% rise ...
"from a TA end seems ready for a push up, but it still remains a bit scitzophrenic..."
I'll let somebody else tackle that as I do not use TA ...
"this board unlike some other silver boards isnt full of blind pumpers"
Hah ... !!! You haven't seen me in action, yet ... lol ...
"use this recent pull back to make a play, if it pops to $5 on the TSX, shore up a tiny profit, then start again."
Yep, I agree ... but the "buy and hold" gang will lambaste you for that ...
Greetings J C from one of the "buy and hold" gang...no lambasting sir as think each devises a strategy to meet their goals...IMHO and that's all it is the buy and hold is effective in that requires considerable DD at the onset and then minimal monitoring to make sure the horse is still on the track moving in the right direction...have a healthy respect for successful traders as see beyond the constant DD there is a mountain of chart analysis and timing requirements to bring a good trade about...do believe in having a "trading lot" of shares to sell into strength and do that fairly often...then in short order am reinvesting on the dip so am back to the "buy and hold" mode....idea is to make money and ready to learn in this forum how others are successful...take care sir and have to say this stock has thus far outperformed expectations..regards, groucho
though ill ask a most basic quesiton as i have no clue about this stuff;
do funds actively move in and out of the stocks they hold or just lock in longer term, becuase i noticed the precious metals fund from sprott is up only marginally as you said yet in its holdings are some stocks, along with slw that have made some jumps.
what am i missing.
didnt his fund initially do really well, because from everything ive read about him he commands serious respect. ive always followed his top 3 picks on ROB TV and they have consistantly done well the past 2 years i have been tracking. not all but a significant amount.