% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

SUPERVALU Inc. Message Board

  • billberggren billberggren Jan 10, 2013 1:32 PM Flag

    How do i get $4 when the price is $3.4?

    seems the company has been completely gutted, how do I get the $4 a share if I sell won't I get $3.39?

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • The tender offer will not reach you or most posters on this thread. You are free to buy, sell, hold.

      They are only acquiring 30% so they will start with largest shareholders and work down. How long do you think it will take to exhaust $4 cash outs? If the price rises above $4 in the same period (probably will) guess what happens...

      Nobody accepts tender offer because they can get more on the open market. Supervalu then issues new shares (diluting current shareholders) to NAI to 19.9% ownership.

      You are screwed either way if your cost basis is above $4. If you are new to the stock and making money... Don't hold out for too much more and be happy you made a positive trade.

      Who's gonna cash out? Wayne Sales and his team on their $2.28 options.

      This is an unmitigated disaster for Supervalu and their shareholders.

      I can tell that nobody here listened to the conference call today. Analysts were very critical and perturbed by Sales and Smith. They ducked every question. They were not fooling anybody.

      What's the impact on Supervalu's EBITDA? They won't say, but analysts can do the math. UGLY.

    • Are you being purposefully rhetorical?... The company also gets reduced debt / improved balance sheets for future Qs, relief from a marketplace it was perceptibly not succeeding in and some capital to bolster the share price at current levels and up to $4 likely at least in reltively short order - with possibly some pop from a short squeeze... The view from the sub $2 dollar mark a few months back seems to be a pretty good start to a recovery - and it could be a lot worse. JMHO.

      Sentiment: Hold

    • That's correct, you need to wait a few weeks to get the $4, but the market price i going to rise to near $4 anyway. Am I correct anyone in thinking the tender is going to be sent to us.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

5.38-0.02(-0.37%)Aug 30 4:04 PMEDT