Check out NAVB. Dianostic imaging agent company. JMP and another institutional investor just invested at 3.10. Many analysts predict 5 to $9. FDA approval any day now on or before April 30. Research NAVB, lots of catalysts for company in near future.
Per VMW's own words, their business won't pick up until the second half of the year. I think it stalls for 6 months and then - hopefully - we see an upturn. Why would anyone buy now without near term catalysts. If I were taking on a new position, I would wait until May/Jun pre July earnings and a possible guidance upgrade. Why buy now, too, when the Dow is at the top? You have downside risk in the overall market. Believe me, I would like to see some movement, but I think we're stuck in the 70s, maybe low 80s till the spring. Even the potential of big earnings by other cloud companies --- which WOULD have normally boosted VMW's share price - won't help. The CEO made their bed with his gloomy guidance. Hold and Hope. Not a great feeling.