High flying biotechs and their "holding pattern". Are we the next ones cleared for takeoff?
Here is a list of biotechs flying high right now that had their holding pattern on the runway before takeoff -
1) everyone's favorite - JAZZ, $9-10 range September 2009- September 2010. 5 yr performance - 1000%+
2) Santarus (SNTS) - $3-4 range from July 2009 - January 2012. 5 yr performance - 1000%
3) Pharmacyclics (PCYC) $5-6 range from March 2010 - May 2011. 5 yr performance - 6700%
4) Sarepta (SRPT) $9-11 range from June 2009 - May 2011. 5 yr performance - 540%
5) Questcor (QCOR) $5-6 range from July 2008 - February 2010. 5 yr performance - 850%
6) Alexion (ALXN) $20-23 range from June 2008 - February 2010. 5 yr performance - 450%
7) ONYX (ONXX) $40-45 range from July 2008 - May 2012. 5 yr performance - 225%
8) Spectrum pharma (SPPI) $1-2 range from July 2008 - April 2009. 5 yr performance - 500% (1000% if you sold last year)
god bless whoever could have waited for 4 years for this one -
9) Acadia (ACAD) $1-2 range from OCTOBER 2008 - NOVEMBER 2012 - 5 yr performance - 470%
ATRS's holding pattern of $4 will be ending September 2013.
Let me add a couple of items you failed to include KYRX, ..13 cents in 2009, 8.61 today, I think that would be # 2 or 3 on your list. Also, m on JAZZ, You mention at $9 in 2009, I bought it at 95 cents in 2009, do not know how you missed that, it was actually lower, but I sold at $5 for a huge gain or so I thought. am still looking for the 400 bagger, ie, .25 to $100.
1000% from here seems very unrealistic even if otrexia does 1 billion itself annually. I do think this could go to 10-12 in a couple years.If you got in at $4,like myself,a 3 fold for two years is not to shabby :)
Like those other companies, could you list the billion dollar product that ATRS has in their pipeline? ohhhhh it is a combination of everything ohhhh how much did ATRS make last year, a billion dollars? ohhhh no they didn't, how much did they make this year? a billion dollars? ohhhhh no. Okay how much will they make next year? a billion dollars? ohhhh no.
Hmmmm yeah ATRS will be just like those other companies that are expected to bring in billions and billions. Could you pass the joint!