1. AFFY doesn't have any burden of heavy expenses from this point on!
2. Takeda is not stupid to assume the responsibilities and liabilities if O is bad. This giant pharma has huge reseach facilities in Japan and in San Diego. They know O is good and will be relaunched!
3. AFFY will collect the initial payments upon reintroduction plus pencentage of royalies for good
4. There is a good chance AMGN will tender a buyout offer. This is good for them in a business sense now that they notice Takeda is dead serious about bringing O back to the market! Amgen hates comepetition!
5. Short squeeze will drive share price up a buck anytime!
6. Lawsuits are being defended by Takeda/AFFY insurance carriers and may take years to settle.
7. BK is off the calendar now that AFFY paid off their debts early. Why would they pay off this debt if BK was in the agenda!
In view of the above, I will continue to hold my position!
Sentiment: Strong Buy
Some valid points, but why not just buy them out? AFFY mentioned earlier that selling the Co. was an option. We don't know if AFFY didn't want to sell or Takeda didn't want to buy and be obligated.