% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

iPath S&P 500 VIX ST Futures ETN Message Board

  • johnson4730 johnson4730 Apr 17, 2012 12:05 PM Flag

    Wes _ VIX thoughts


    Since you are one of the only sensible people on this board, what are your thoughts on VIX, (VXX,TVIX,UVXY)?

    Do you think the ECB is going to back the spanish bond auction?

    Also I am waiting on tech earnings to see the direction of the market. Assuming they beat their lowered guidance then the rally has legs and should continue up over 1400. (maybe 1420-30 depending if cyclicals get some demand).

    Just want to hear your thoughts.

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • I just took a fun play and bought double my position.

      Fun play but may not be so fun in a minute. We see.

    • hope the speak of sand is right with his eerie feeling leading into the close here

    • I do not have other I.D.'s guy. Hehehe you should see a counselor for your paranoia. I am a speck of sand with an opinion that's it.

    • strangely TVIX is holding up nicely on a huge pop like this... this leads me to believe that TVIX will make me some money tomorrow.

      I am taking a small positon in TVIX today near close.

    • I'm standing pat today, bought in a little bit at 17.86 but my stop is 17.74 - 17.70. So a very tight stop.

      I am counting on options expiry to help us out considering that most of the roll over has occurred that's why we have bled in addition to the lowered risk perception.

      Tomorrow should be some increased volatility in anticipation of Thursday. I believe Thursday will come off with out a hitch and their bonds will be auctioned just fine - however around 6% for crying out loud...cause effect would be next week as we creep over 6% after the auction.

      BUT this product bleeds heavily with contango like this. The long side is really for a lottery ticket of sorts bet. The short side is a nice slow guaranteed money maker over time. I am just of an opinion still that these 200+ and -100 days are indeed indicitive of increased volatility and I do not want to short this right here. So I will eat crow today, play a little and wait for tomorrow.

      My feelings are tomorrow will be a +5% day for this thing, just because of anxiety and anticipation. That's about it though.

36.37-0.74(-1.99%)Aug 29 4:00 PMEDT