Are you a day trader and seem too scared and paralyzed on what decision to make? This is not an advise but I have been in your shoes before. I probably would sell the Oct 17.50 calls for 25 cents and buy the Nov 16 puts for 60 cents as a protection. My assumption is it will stay below 17.50. Then Monday, you sell a Nov 18 call if you expect a trading range til next month expiration. For peace of mind cost insurancewise is not huge, but if you can not take any losses why are you even trading?
A for my own covered write, I have covered the calls as targeted. Now am ready to write again but just waiting and see if I can squeeze another dime. I am unhedge long right now, so Im hoping for a few ticks up and write calls.