Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

FARO Technologies Inc. Message Board

  • SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Etobon,

      Just so you know, I sold a minority of my position for tax reasons and because I think the stock will probably not move significantly (especially to the upside) through January. Barring something unexpected of course.

      As far as PMTI is considered, I usually don't even look at OT recommendations. I took a look here and Kramer likes it because he thinks it's a "best of breed." I don't know, it's close to a high and trades at 8x sales, but is growing.

      Good luck,
      F/G

      Golf

    • Golf,

      I am also quite impatient at this point given my paper loss, but I am trying to avoid becoming desperate. I'll make my decision whether to sell or not (even partially) after the earnings announcement.

      Few weeks ago, Izzy and Tac got me to think about capitulation (they both sold since then). Motley Fool sold a third and even some of the long-timers on this board are staying on the sidelines...hopefully I'm not left holding the bag.

      Good luck with your position.

      Ganador.
      PS. You might recall that I made a recommendandation to Jeffbas in Msg#62255 about PMTI which you criticized (perhaps rightly so, since it seemed stupid to you to return a favor when one has lost money). Although the stock is down a little bit, IBD and Crammer recommended it last Friday. In my opinion, I see that as a negative due to all the momo players that just joined the message board. Some of you lived thru that with FARO(IBD and MF) a while ago. I am still long but now frustrated with the "kiss of death". Sorry for the long PS.

    • Reads like this was a reply to the first request and Romer is concluding that since the second request is "very similar" to the first request, it also won't be successful. Anyone else read it that way?

      If they were the same, why,would FARO put in a second request? We'll find out when the court makes its ruling. I don't expect FARO to tip its hand before the court appearance which may be what Romer was fishing for with this PR.


      <<<<<A second request for re-examination of the '148 patent was also filed by FARO on September 15, 2005, and was recently accepted by the U.S. Patent Office. "FARO's second request for re-examination is very similar to the first one, which was not successful," continued Gruber. "The Patent Office's decision has further strengthened our case, and FARO's continued delaying tactics will not deter us from seeking a final vindication at trial. We remain confident that ROMER will obtain a permanent injunction and recover substantial damages as a result of FARO's infringement of our patented technology.">>>>>

      • 2 Replies to StkMaven
      • <Reads like this was a reply to the first request and Romer is concluding that since the second request is "very similar" to the first request, it also won't be successful. Anyone else read it that way?>

        Yes, StkMaven, and I don't believe the second request was the same (go back and read the Faro PR when the 2nd request was accepted). I don't think for a second that the validity issue is settled. Unfortunately, that doesn't change my decision this morning to sit on the sidelines for a bit.

      • << Reads like this was a reply to the first request and Romer is concluding that since the second request is "very similar" to the first request, it also won't be successful. Anyone else read it that way?
        >>

        Yep.

        I don't know who will ultimately win, but Romer's constant premature crowing seems awfully insecure. They are just spreading FUD to stir up the pot.

        sf

    • Is this baked into the cake or is FARO going to test last years lows?

 
FARO
36.65+0.56(+1.55%)Sep 28 4:00 PMEDT