If LJV could make posts like that all the time he might be more readable. Problem is he is more like James Joyce in his nuggets to nonsence ratio.
Have you ever swam in the Firehole? There's a place where the water temp is just about 80 degrees due to gyser and pool run off. Scenery is incredible of course and you can try your luck at "hand" fishing some rainbows.
Keep your kneebrace on and enjoy your trip!
Greetings from Montana. The Firehole fished great last night. Awesome caddis hatches. Anyway, I think LJV asked me to get this post to you so this is his view of what to expect next earnings. Not sure if he wants in on your website idea.
A number of those out there intimidated by this board's most vocal members have reached out to me and have asked, "What are you looking for in the next conference call?"
1. I really would like to know how many times Mr. W has hung out with Kim Kardashian and Karl The Mailman Malone during the past 3 months. That, and only that, is what we investors truly want to know.
2. Only half a joke there. The more Mr. W name drops, the worse the call. The longer he goes into his canned p.r. crap, the worse the call. The more excited he gets over meaningless crap, the worse the call.
3. So...What would make a "better than expected call"?
4. Easy. If Mr. W. were to come forward with facts instead of self platitudes that would go a long, long way. Facts like:
a. We have sold more than 70% of our inventory above cost and the remaining 30% should be sold during the next quarter.
b. Our new line of shoes have shown great acceptance by retailers and are flying off the shelves.
c. Our new distribution center is on time and on budget. Once the consolidation takes place, we will dramatically cut costs.
d. We have implemented new procedures to assure that minimizes the likelihood of the inventory disaster from ever repeating.
e. I have heard shareholder complaints that I am an incessant name dropper. As a result, future conference calls wil be handled by Mr. X (X means anybody else at that company who is not so unctuous) who will give concise and direct answers to questions posed by analysts who know that i'm squirming away as best as I can.
5. Cartledge has me on ignore. It is up to Car to get this post to him. Do your duty!!!!!
I thought I had made a post but I don't see it now. Sorry if this is a double...
"do you have a model" I almost fell off the couch.
Then I thought what some peoples models would look like... for instance I can picture a spreadsheet on S-soe's computer with haaaaaaaaaaa in about 40 or 50 assorted cells with a big '$9' at the bottom.
Is anyone interested in making a google site similar to the aapl finance boards for some estimates and models? I've done it before with dry bulk shipping when the BDI was collapsing and it was fun for a while. Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested and I can set something up. If LJV replies, 29car, will you let me know? he's invited too, but of course, I wouldn't see it cause he is on my ignore.