Recent

% | $
Quotes you view appear here for quick access.

ChipMOS TECHNOLOGIES (Bermuda) LTD. Message Board

  • foggyswamp foggyswamp Dec 27, 2012 12:46 PM Flag

    Time to add??

    low volume so far today 48000 or so, lets add 5k at 11.12 here she goes, will it fill?

    Sentiment: Strong Buy

    SortNewest  |  Oldest  |  Most Replied Expand all replies
    • Dave;
      Agree with everything you said and S.J. Is definetly the final word.Here is what I don't get.I believe Caff said he own's 500,000 shares.Nobody benefit's more then S.J. From a buyback or better conversion price.Keep 20 million in Bermuda for a " rainy day ".Still leaves 9 million for a current buyback.I am convinced there is not a better use of that money.I keep expecting to wake up to some announcement that proves me wrong and makes sense.My patience is wearing thin.I think I speak for a lot of long term shareholder's.S.J. Just give me a REASON why you are not buying shares here ? For the first time ever I am changing my sentiment rating from " strong buy " to " hold ".After all If management will not buy them here why should anyone ? Sad but true.Cheers.

      Sentiment: Hold

      • 1 Reply to sean777007
      • sean,et.al- from my understanding Cowen will be covering in early February and the ESM listing and evaluation later that month- then starts the 6 month and one day clock to TW listing..I assume that the valuation will be sensible [whatever is normal] and approved by management. Until then you can stand on your head but there will be no buyback [unless they change their mind]. So you have to be satisfied with the timetable. My hope is once the process has started there will be tremendous interest. And I emphasis the word 'tremendous'.We shall see.

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • The selling really seems to have dried up since we hit $10. That's usually ended up being a very good phase. That's despite the market overall being rather #$%$.

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • 2 Replies to jaretwilson
      • JW, I think anticipation of the ESM listing is growing. Right now the conversion ratio is at least 20:1 come September (higher if we browbeat management into buying more shares). If the ESM IPO goes off at around TW$20, for example, than IMOS should be worth almost $14. Basically, two-thirds of whatever the ESM price is. Note: This assumes 29M outstanding (i.e. Thailin's investment gets bought out). By the way, I noticed that the open interest for March options is relatively high compared to January which is a tad unusual and also February (ignore the 15s because those were sells, not buys, as they hit the bid.)

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

      • Wow yahoo filters everything these days. I had typed CxRxAxPxPxY (without the x's) and it filtered that out. Yahoo, we're not 3 years old.

        Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • order place, stocked jumped a couple of pennies on a 5k placement...

      Sentiment: Strong Buy

    • You should be able to get a much lower price still, say around 10.25. Wait another week for the Tea Parter maroons in the House of Representatives to tank the market.

      Sentiment: Hold

 
IMOS
17.36-0.14(-0.80%)4:00 PMEDT