Reason 1 - I am voting Democrat because I believe the government will do a far better job spending my money than I would. I think that when you spread the wealth around it is good for everyone. It is Patriotic.
Reason 2 - I am voting Democrat because I believe that business, in a free enterprise system, should not be allowed to keep any of their profits. All profits should be confiscated by the government and redistributed to all the people.
Reason 3 - I am voting Democrat because I believe the more government regulation and higher taxes on business will stop business from exporting jobs to foreign countries with less regulation and lower taxes. I believe that oil companies profits are wrong. Higher taxes on oil companies will produce lower prices at the pump. I believe that corporations should pay higher taxes. Higher taxes on business will make the price of their products and services less expensive.
Reason 4 - I am voting Democrat because I believe in a free government health care system. Doctors, nurses, hospitals, drug companies should donate all their time, products and services for free making for better health care. I believe in and support trial lawyers, unnecessary lawsuits and huge jury verdicts to drive doctors out of medicine.
Reason 5 - I am voting Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq, the terrorists will be pleased and now think of Americans as good people. I believe that our military is air raiding villages and killing innocent people. I believe that 9/11 was an inside job to con the American people into going to war for oil. I believe that terrorists should be allowed to have trials in American courts, and be able to subpoena top secret documents and government officials to cross examine for their defense.
Reason 6 - I am voting Democrat because English should not be the official language of the United States. I really do not mind pushing 1 for English. I believe that undocumented immigrants should have the same rights and privileges that I do as a citizen except that they do not have to be financially responsible for anything.
Reason 7 - I am voting Democrat because I believe that hard core murderers and rapist deserve to live and innocent unborn children deserve to die. Its a choice that I can live with. I believe that partial birth abortion is acceptable but water-boarding a terrorist is not.
Reason 8 - I am voting Democrat because Freedom of speech is only acceptable if no one is offended. I believe that civil disobedience groups who register felons, drug addicts, homeless drifters, undocumented immigrants, the deceased and the fictious as voters, makes my vote count even more.
Reason 9 - I am voting Democrat because we need to rid ourselves of the dependency on foreign oil. I am adamantly against offshore drilling for oil and natural gas, drilling in Anwar, building nuclear power plants and clean coal technology.
Reason 10 - I am voting Democrat because I believe that celebrating the winter solstice shows compassion for the small minority of people that do now celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, the son of the only God by which our government was founded
1) I voted republican because I believe that it is reasonable that the .01% of the American population controls 90% of the material resources of the nation. Obviously, these individuals are of superior moral character and worked harder than the rest of us and so they deserve it. Conversely, those who earn less and struggle on the margins are there entirely due to their own laziness and moral turpitude.
2) I voted Republican because I believe business, in a free enterprise system, should be rewarded with unlimited government handouts and no-bid contracts. All losses due to speculation and mismanagement should be
socialized and borne by the taxpayer.
3) I believe that less government regulation and lower taxes on business will lead to greater financial stability and prosperity for American citizens as it has over the past 8 years.
4) I believe basic health care is a privilege (not a right) in a modern society and like any other privileged good or service, it should be distributed entirely through free-market means. If this means basic life saving medicine is not affordable to tens of millions of Americans, then so be it. I believe the profits and business practices of doctors, hospital systems, insurance companies, and pharmaceutical companies should be selectively (and unquestionably) defended while those of legal professionals involved in medical malpractice suits and the like should be roundly demonized and understood to be at the root of all problems related to health care affordability in this country.
5) I believe Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11 and that our military efforts in Iraq have been well worth the costs, having made the world a much safer place for Americans.
6) I believe that immigrants themselves are the cause of all immigration related problems in this country and as such they should be exclusively targeted by our criminal justice system to address the issue. However, the responsibility of employers and industries who rely almost exclusively on undocumented immigrant labor should be systematically ignored in any discussion of this issue.
7) I believe that outlawing abortion will solve the problem of unwanted pregnancies in this country once and for all. I believe that the 60-70% of the American public who believe otherwise are deeply immoral persons. I am deeply concerned about the over-reaching power of government (educational system, taxes, etc..) but I trust them to decide who to torture, how, when, and for what purposes.
8) I believe that felons who have served their time, drug addicts, and homeless persons do not deserve the full rights of citizenship. It is ok to be addicted to pain pills like Rush Limbaugh and Cindy McCain though.
9) I believe that the generally undisputed fact that the United States has less than 3% of the worlds oil reserves (including offshore) but consumes more than 20% of the worlds oil is irrelevant to any policy discussion regarding energy policy.
10) I believe that those who do not believe in Jesus Christ will burn in hell.
Your are wrong!
1. You have to know who you vote for? If some one has no experience, you are killing your self.
2. Think how much USA get surplus from Iraq? more than 34 Billion a month!!!! Pull the troop out of Iraq will make Iraq more crisis and USA will lost a lot benefit????? Oil
2, Goverment more regular is Communist's finance system to control all banks.
3. Oil price high or low depend on economic situation. Oil high could help oil companies as well as raw material. Use to oil price change to adjust your investment by short or long positions.
4.Health care system in USA is not to bad. You have health insuance and you refuse $5000.oo under John Mc. Cain plan to have no thing!!!!
5. You have to think that at least in 7 years, USA has no attack as 9/11/2001. War in Iraq and Afganitan to warn our enemies that US could destroy them if they try another attack in side USA
6. USA will ahve more sinlge moms as a model!!!!!!!!!!
It seems to me that when examining and considering all of these issues, it might be thoughtful, considerate and wise to think of these words.
If at the end if this life, the Lord was to send you back to live another life....... a life where you were born with less intelligence, a handicap, a different skin color, a disfunctional family, or a misfortune or accident that caused you great suffering....... would you still want to set up the same policies and laws so that you would have to live with your own cold choices in your next less fortunate life?
"BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD, THERE GO I."
Berkshire-h, you are very likely right on the mark with your scenario. The creator of the universe didn’t create this vast space for only this small planet. What you do with your life during your short time on this earth could very well determent where and how difficult your life will be next time around.
I cant stop laughing at your post, very well written. i am going to e-mail this out to all my family.
you know its great when the dumbocrates really hate what you have written!
I am voting republican to repudiate ideas of people like you. There is no questions that the global economy is slowing but my belief is that McCain is the one to make things better...not Obama!!
9) I am voting Republican because I am a firm believer in Drill Baby Drill. US oil dependency is the way it’s always been, why change now? Monopolistic, unregulated oil cartels that suck the life out of the American people – it’s the way things are meant to be, oil at home or oil from abroad. I also lobbied for tax breaks for the pencil manufacturing industry – before Gates and those PC computers ruined everything. The status quo is good enough for this patriot; science and research should stay out of the business world and be restricted to college labs where they belong.
10) And lastly, I am voting Republican because I believe that a policy embracing diversity and religious freedom is one of those half-cocked ideas that, although it may initially look impressive on paper - on documents such as the US Constitution and Bill of Rights, for example - it doesn’t really work to my liking when applied in my neighborhood. Gosh darn it; I believe that plain folks like John McCain, Sarah Palin, and George Dubya are the best this great country of ours has to offer. Today we need flag-wavin’, eye-winkin’ patriots who base economic strategies on continuing a national industry of war, as exemplified by Sarah Palin and John McCain. I once heard it said that Thomas Jefferson was a learned man of exceptional intellect, sophistication, and international savvy, but that was such a long time ago; today we need change.
5) I am voting Republican because should we pull out of Iraq, what would happen to Boeing, Northrop Grumman and Halliburton? These people need their well-paid jobs! The neo-con way is to develop opportunity: first, decimate a country, then, develop opportunities to award billions of dollars of public taxpayer monies to private sector companies via no-bid, open-ended, blank check rebuild contracts. As the Madison Avenue boys say in advertising, “Create a need and fill that need.” I am a firm believer in the subsidization of private enterprise with public funding; or in other words, implementing an under-the-radar form of socialism/taxation that benefits the privileged few at the expense of others.
6) I am voting Republican because the days of Ellis Island are over. Yes, my grandparents came from Europe and spoke a language other than English; yes, I was the first in my family to have the benefit of a college education that enabled me to go on to become a successful entrepreneur and live a comfortable life, but those circumstances should not be extended to any other tired, poor, huddling masses yearning to breathe free. America is about Americans, the white Anglo-Saxon protestant Americans who founded this country (once they got rid of the Indians) and fought for independence against the tyranny of a corrupt government that drained the common man’s pockets to perpetuate the whims of a monarchy accustomed to enjoying luxury and power derived from the subservience and suffering of its colonial subjects.
7) I am voting Republican because there is no way, in good conscience, I can approve of law that would endanger the
life of the innocent unborn. Though I know full well that “partial birth abortion” is in no way a clinical term or medical definition and can be found nowhere in medical libraries since it is only a catchphrase devised by self-professed ‘pro-life’ lobbyists to engender political upheaval, I support laws that forbid this horrific practice. True, the mother may die since this rare medical procedure is generally performed only in dire circumstances when the mother’s life is at risk, but her husband and other innocent children will learn to live without their wife and mother in time. The government knows best when it comes to life and death. It is a conundrum that I am 'pro-life' but also support the death penalty, but few are incarcerated who have suffered all that much once current DNA technology has proven their innocence. A mistaken execution here and there is the price one pays for a safe society. I’m likewise appalled that Darwinist theory is part of our public school curriculum. Every God-fearing Christian has read their Bible and accepts the literal truth of Adam and Eve.
8) I am voting Republican because I am offended by the liberal media that slants every news report to the left by daring to ask in-depth questions and demanding accurate information about critical national issues from our political leaders. I prefer to listen to Fox “News” since they explain things in a more understandable, objective vernacular, and to read tabloids like the NY Post, another Rupert Murdoch endeavor, as opposed to publications that offer mainstream professional journalism. I believe that information reported by a global conglomerate headed by an Australian business tycoon who has no qualms about passing off sensationalist entertainment as solid reporting is more reliable than publications or news networks that raise responsible, justifiable questions or voice views in dissent to those of the current administration.